Thread: Patternity Session

1. Default Patternity Session

The session "Patternity" is really a work of genius!, easily takes on to a higher frequency, any reason why it is called so? Surely you guys deserve some kind of recognition for this one. Each time when the lights go slower, I would like to see the last one last a few microseconds longer and brighter. Is there any way to make these changes. Thanks a lot. Keep up the good work!.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Kasina, the next best thing since sliced bread!

Thanks a lot for the compliment. I created that session, so I could do a remix as you suggest. It does tend to evolve but as you say spreading out the duration of reward part and building up brightness may make for a nice, building experience. An intention of a lot the pieces I created are 'internal flight' stimulators. I continue to develop this concept on newer works.

On session names: I tend to want to keep them ambiguous in an artistic sense as I have found that people place too much emphasis on what a session is named to 'color' its effects. If I said something like Theta Dream for instance then people would internally build up an expectation of what it should do. Art sessions are experiences in and of themselves. You determine what they do. You take the experience for what it is. Thus, I choose abstract terms.

However, Patternity being a play on paternity and pattern/eternity comes from the idea that there is a 'father' loop and patterns that create the structure and spawn 'offspring' as the session progresses. Some of it is deeply thought out and purposeful. And also there are areas of happy accidents that I build each section from. In future videos I make I will go more into the processes that I use.

Thanks again. I will revisit this session.

PS... one more thing I want to mention is that the main synth filter movement from low to high is in the form of the infinity symbol as a mobius loop if you were to look at it as geometry.

Scott
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Thread Information