Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Strange...

Blog Entries

Default Re: Strange...

Procyon uses a TTRS (4 conductor) cable, so normal headphone extensions will not work.

I did not receive your e-mail, please try my direct e-mail:
    andy
    at
    mindplacesupport
    dot
    com
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

2. Default Re: Strange...

OK, I will.

I had the same issue with the headphone jack few years back. My temp fix was I put layers of electrical tape by the jack so the plug did not go in all the way. I later got a new jack but could not find one with the same pin locations. So I epoxied it to the board and ran wires from the board to the associated pins (AKA dead bug). It works but took a lot of time to do and I would not recommend it - note I've worked in electronics a few decades.

For the time spent probably would have been cheaper to send it into MindPlace for repair. It was years past the warranty and doing it ones self no guaurntee it will work right after all the repair time.

5. Default Re: Strange...

Thanks, but unfortunately it is very expensive to send something to the USA from Australia, as I told Andy the other day (I do wish there were a repair centre here). The problem with the plug half-way is that the colours are wrong anyway, otherwise it wouldn't be such a huge problem if I didn't move so much. Luckily I have some white-LEDS goggles that belonged to another mind machine and they work perfectly. I sort of got used to them in just a few days and with my eyes closed I even see some colours. As crazy as it might sound, this morning I saw an eye in the middle of my visualization field while using the Procyon with closed eyes, and it was really clear, so maybe a sort of third eye? It sounds a bit crazy, but at least I am seeing things again while using the Procyon, so I think my mind is open because that's what we need in order to see things.

Ha came across this post and forgot about it, my Procyon is still working great after all these years after the jack repair. I got a Kasina and love it but the Procyon can't be beat in simplicity of use and I prefer the analog wheels for light and sound adjustments.

Thread Information