Thread: `Authentic' Audiostrobe modes on Kasina

1. Default `Authentic' Audiostrobe modes on Kasina

I spent a fair bit of time experimenting with all the Audiostrobe modes on the Kasina. Many of the modes give an alternate flickering between the left and right eye because Kasina being six channel is capable of providing a differing light response between the physical left and right eye. I own both the Procyon and Proteus units by Mindplace and also both old and new style glasses in R/G and R/B colours and of course RGB on the Procyon .

I find audiostrobe modes on the Kasina that flicker between alternatively left and right create a feeling that I am spinning in the horizontal plane - it is a little unsettling and sometimes I have felt a little nauseated. As I wasn't clear about how to view all my AS material as I would with my Procyon and Proteus ( where Left and Right audio Channel have control signal for a colour each and I get an equal light pulse in each eye ) I looked a lot more closely at the available modes and compared the light show to the same material played on my other units .

Modes 8, 9 and 10 as R/G, R/B and G/B give me the same output as the other Mindplace units . The mixture and light response of the two colours is identical in each eye - no more head spinning sensations for me .

Whilst I will play with the other modes as time permits I am glad to have found the modes that are familiar to me with my other machines and glasses - for a little while I was worried that the Kasina would not do that for me .

Perhaps future update of the manual might make a sub foot note on this to help users of the more traditional machines to make the jump to the Kasina with their familiar Audiostrobe material .

Default Re: `Authentic' Audiostrobe modes on Kasina

I think Scott already mentioned on an earlier thread that AS colourset 8 R/G gives you the standard AS 2 channel R/G output. Older units like the Sirius mono-coloured split the 2 channels left and right. I'm pretty sure that the very earliest AS titles were designed for use with mono-coloured glasses and separate l/r channels.

All a matter of personal preference but I have always preferred AS with mono-coloured glasses because for me they give much more vivid light patterns (maybe too vivid for some). Even with my Proteus I prefer to use either white or red mono-coloured glasses when using AS. Even with my Kasina I am mainly using AS colourset #2 R/R.

The beauty of the Kasina is that you have a nice wide selection of coloursets to choose from.

Cheers,
    TomC

Default Re: `Authentic' Audiostrobe modes on Kasina

I just got mine today and noticed the spinning as well. Like you, I did some playing with the settings and found ones that didn't do that. I agree it would be nice to have an addendum to the manual.
    Last edited by CDog; 03-13-2014 at 03:53 PM.

Thread Information