Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lux Spectra - VST Spectrastrobe Lightshow Synthesizer for Kasina

1. Default Re: Lux Spectra - VST Spectrastrobe Lightshow Synthesizer for Kasina

Thanks Steve - i follow your logic . Running multiple instances of the plugin will allow interesting evolving phase effects ( and the resultant visuals ) to be used much like can be done with the Procyon RGB software . I wasn't sure re your reference to the Spectrastrobe reference signal.

One feature I would love to see is an option for square wave light pulses which give crisper visuals. I assume the plugin currently uses sine wave for light pulse control.

Default Re: Lux Spectra - VST Spectrastrobe Lightshow Synthesizer for Kasina

Quote Originally Posted by synaesthesia View Post
    I wasn't sure re your reference to the Spectrastrobe reference signal.
    The reference signal is a pulsed tone which triggers the Kasina to enter SpectraStrobe mode. On Craig's MUX plugins, he's got the option to turn it off when you run multiple instances, because Kasina only needs one signal. My latest version copies this feature

Quote Originally Posted by synaesthesia View Post
    One feature I would love to see is an option for square wave light pulses which give crisper visuals. I assume the plugin currently uses sine wave for light pulse control.
    Lux and Spectra let you use pulse waves (and also sine, triangle, saw and ramp waves) for the light pulses. I like pulse waves the best not only for the crisper visuals, but also because modulating the pulse width (or duty cycle, in procyon terminology) gives a really cool effect.
    Veritas Lux Mea

Okay, there is a new version.

This version fixes glitches that happened when messing with the Modulation LFO sync rates. It also separates the reference signal and the light signals, with each on its own track. This makes running multiple instances possible.

PS - working on an envelope follower (aka color organ) next... I've got a standalone plugin that works great in audiostrobe - but I'm trying to figure out the best way to make it work with spectrastrobe at the moment.
    Last edited by Andy; 08-23-2019 at 05:51 AM. Reason: Remove dead links
    Veritas Lux Mea

4. Default Re: Lux Spectra - VST Spectrastrobe Lightshow Synthesizer for Kasina

Steve - I downloaded the latest version. My Kasina wont switch to Spectrastrobe mode -it only allows AS mode . I have the reference signal switched on. Trying to dial up a colour doesn't seem to effect the balance of the RGB's although they are flashing .

Mark

Hi Mark,

I bet that your DAW is not set up to receive the reference signal. If you want, you can delete version 1.1 and then install 1.2 in its place (it's up now). Under the Reference on/off switch is a dropdown menu which lets you select which output the reference track is sent to. Now, set the reference output to tracks 1/2 and it will probably work.

-Steve
    Veritas Lux Mea

6. Default Re: Lux Spectra - VST Spectrastrobe Lightshow Synthesizer for Kasina

Hi Steve , yes that fixed the problem ( I was using FL Studio )

After having a brief play - a couple of niggles came up .

With both sides synced for manual control ie left eye set to no sync and right eye set to `sync left' - with phase sync on and both phase knobs equal the left and right side are way out of phase...I need a phase setting of about 125 on the right eye ( with phase lock off ) to get the lights back into phase - but every time I engage phase lock both eyes revert to a setting of 0 degrees and go out of phase again . Right and left eye out of phase gives me the spins !

With rate sync on right eye set to sync left the knob and number read out ( on right ) doesn't move or mirror the rate knob on the left eye eye as it is moved ( minor prob I know but the mirror helps to understand how you have things configured - caused me minor confusion at first ) .

It is interesting that the eye seems to need some with just blue light to really perceive it . With LFO set to turn the colour wheel - if there is any much overlap with other colours I can't really see much blue - I have to slow the colour change right down . Still colour control has never be so easy so it will be possible to exploit whatever an RGB system is capable off.

Mark

Hy Mark,

Yup - you found a few niggles all right. At the moment, I don't have a clue why the lights are out of phase. I looked at all the obvious things, but I guess I'll have to dig a little deeper. Thanks so much for reporting the behavior.

-Steve
    Veritas Lux Mea

Mark,

I believe I fixed all of the phase problems when synchronizing the right LEDs to the left. Would you mind giving it another go?

-Steve
    Veritas Lux Mea

9. Default Re: Lux Spectra - VST Spectrastrobe Lightshow Synthesizer for Kasina

Quote Originally Posted by esteband View Post
    Mark,

I believe I fixed all of the phase problems when synchronizing the right LEDs to the left. Would you mind giving it another go?

-Steve
    Hi Steve - I'm still needing a manual phase setting of about +80 on the right to get L/R sync -its way out with the sync lock on ( using FL Studio ) - . This was in AS mode as this version doesn't seem to enable Spectrasstrobe mode in the DAW like 1.2. I have reference ytrack set on to ch1/2 setting. I will try in Live tonight and see if results any different . I wonder would it be simpler to just switch off the right hand side of the `synth ' and just port the left audio to the right as well if one is wanting the same output to each eye rather than trying to deal with sync problems.

Mark

Mark
    Last edited by Andy; 08-23-2019 at 05:52 AM. Reason: Remove dead links

Mark,

I guess you're right. In Reaper and Ableton, my 'fix' works 95% percent of the time, at least on my machine. In other words, as I run the plugin through various sync scenarios, the phase link option behaves normally. However, there are times when it doesn't - and in FL Studio, it seems not to work at all. I'm at a loss at the moment to figure out why. I see where you're coming from with your suggestion to simply mirror the left LED to the right channel, but I'd rather not for two reasons:

1) I really like the effect when the two sides are blinking at the same rate, but PW and phase are subtly modulated on one of the channels.
    2) Since it's in a DAW, which has very flexible I/O routing, it's not that big of a deal to duplicate 1 channel and pan it left and right. So users can do that if they want the left and right perfectly mirrored.

If I find a solution to this odd sync behavior, then we can have perfect mirroring, OR have the cool effects that come with modulating PW and phase on opposing channels.

As for the reference signal disappearing, I think I have an idea. The signal needs a WAV file, called TKE.wav to be present in a specific location within the Lux Spectra 1.xx folder relative to the .dll file. It's probably not where the plugin expects it. You should find it in :

\LuxSpectra\LuxSpectra 1.22\LuxSpectraData\TKE.wav

The LuxSpectra.dll file should be here:

\Lux Spectra\LuxSpectra 1.22.dll

Thanks so much for helping me iron out these kinks.

-Steve
    Veritas Lux Mea

Thread Information