Thread: Kasina Firmware Update 1.04 - March 2014

Blog Entries

Cool Kasina Firmware Update 1.04 - March 2014

A new Kasina firmware update to version 1.04 is posted on the main support site here: http://mindplacesupport.com/kasina-support. Instructions for for updating the firmware for Windows (PC) and OSX (Mac) are available on that page as well.

List of changes:

• Flash of Kasina glasses at power up/down removed.
    • Battery indicator behavior improved. Indicator bar colored yellow and animated during charging. Completed charging indicated by green bars. Error state indicated by red rectangle.
    • To improve long term battery life, Kasina automatically switches off at slightly higher voltage. Available battery capacity decreased slightly, while battery life is increased greatly.
    • KBS audio output improved for purer sine waves and elimination of audio aliasing noise.
    • New Option: Settings / Audio / Filter 15kHz. Off by default.
    • When turned on, before output to headphone jack, audio is low pass filtered at 15kHz which attenuates the output level of signals above 18kHz. This insures the inaudibility of SpectraStrobe and AudioStrobe signals during playback.
    • Targeted sub harmonic filters have been added to Mind Workstation and NeuroProgrammer SpectraStrobe plugins which will come in program updates from Transparent Corp.

On the battery changes: Rechargeable LiPo batteries like those in the Kasina have a longer life when they are not fully discharged before recharging. This update helps with battery display and management.

The menu option Filter 15kHz only needs to be selected if you are hearing SS signals in the audio output. It is rare that people do so. This option has been added mainly for clinical level use. Most of the time you will want to leave it disengaged. A coming update to Mind Workstation and NeuroProgrammer will be soon released which also decreases the perception of SpectraStrobe and AudioStrobe signals in output sound files.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Default Re: Kasina Firmware Update 1.04 - March 2014

Nice update. Great not to get those heart-attack light flashes on startup/shutdown anymore! Thanks.

cheers,
    Tom

My new Kasina says Kas-01 on the bottom.
    Does that mean I have bought an older version?
    Life is but a dream

Blog Entries

Hi Moonchild,
    Kas-01 which is printed on the back of the case is simply a designation that we had to use for CE registration. There is only one version of the Kasina. The firmware referred to in this thread is an update to the operating system on the Kasina. These two numbers are not related. Thanks so much for helping us clarify.

Best,
    Scott
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

5. Default Re: Kasina Firmware Update 1.04 - March 2014

Kasina 1.11 is available (on a german website). Isn't this version official?

Blog Entries

There is a new firmware available, but we are still putting together the documentation and updated editor to be released along with it. It will be downloadable on the support site soon.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Andy, could you give us a heads-up on some of the features/improvements of the new firmware/software. Thanks.

Cheers,
    TomC

Blog Entries

Since the cat is out of the bag let's go ahead and release the firmware sans software update which I am furiously working on. Enjoy. It is a cool new feature set. http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...4&goto=newpost

Thread Information