Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kasina Review from Unlimited Boundaries

Default Re: Kasina Review from Unlimited Boundaries

One more question to ask.
    Which frequency range in headphone I must look for AVS experience.
    I notice they vary from one headphone to other. Some are 15 - 28,000 Hz, 20 to 20,000hz. Please let me know.

Blog Entries

You can only hear down to about 30hz. After that the "sound" becomes vibrations which you feel rather than hear.
    A newborn baby may be able to hear up to 20,000hz, but it's difficult to test. Clearly, though, the younger you are, the higher you can hear. Certainly there's no issue with headphones that have a flat response up to 18,000hz, any more than that cannot be heard, even though there are those on the internet that argue otherwise.
    With AudioStrobe and SpectraStrobe, signals at around 19,000hz are used to control the lightframes, so the high-frequency content of the audio signal (music or tones) will be rolled off below that frequency. Also, these frequency ranges listed are pretty vague. To really know what is going on, you need a spectrum analysis of the response of the headphones. You've probably seen one of those graphs with frequency on the bottom and db on the vertical axis. An accurate graph like that shows you the more true response of the speakers. numbers like 20-20000hz are pretty meaningless, companies use them because people see higher numbers and think that they're getting something better. Higher Numbers=better in advertising, and especially technology.

The short answer is 30 - 18,000hz will work perfectly well for AVS use.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Hey Scott! Thanks for posting my review here. Much appreciated!

Headphones... I really have to bust out my Bose earbuds and give them a try. I've been really happy with the ones that came with the Kasina so far that I haven't even given my Bose earbuds a second thought!

4. Default Re: Kasina Review from Unlimited Boundaries

Quote Originally Posted by mctxp View Post
    ... ... or Sony MDR 7506 Professional large Diaphragm headphone or DJ headphones.
    What is your opinion based on your personal experience.Please share.
    Thanks
    Raj
    Hi Raj,

I have used the Sony 7506 for years and very happy audio-wise except for one issue. The foam pads deteriorate and fall apart - and are expensive to replace! Likely a Hong Kong humidity issue although use in air conditioned room most of the time. You may have similar issue if in similar environment.

I haven't tested myself yet, but Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Pro phones are considered excellent by many, and there is a model with 11 foot straight cable available too. The Sony coiled lead can be a nuisance. Plan to buy Audio-Technica soon, and over the ears unlike Sony's 7506 sitting on the ear design which can get uncomfortable for long sessions.

Andy: I have tried the Bose QuietComfort phones but I am one of those unfortunate souls who get dizzy from the the electronic ultra high frequency fizz noise in the background. Made me very nauseous so sent back for refund. May have fixed issue by now but plenty others out there had same problem. I cannot hear the SpectraStrobe or AS HF signal though.

Hope that helps.
    Richard, Hong Kong
    richardhk dot com
    ------------------------

My currently favorite headphones for use with my Kasina actually are the Audio Technica ATH-M50s. Light, comfortable, closed-back with good frequency response and plenty of headroom with the Kasina. Good choice!

Thread Information