Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kasina Review from Unlimited Boundaries

Blog Entries

Default Kasina Review from Unlimited Boundaries

A positive, detailed, in depth review from Astral Projection author and discussion forum host, Ryan Tasker (Xanth):

http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/20...dplace-review/

Also, check out many positive and some very heartfelt Kasina reviews of the Kasina on Amazon.com.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Default Re: Kasina Review from Unlimited Boundaries

Thanks for sharing. On those reviews, someone mentioned about using Sony MDRV6 Monitor Series Headphones with CCAW Voice Coil. Do you think frequency range of better headphones makes AVS experience more effective.
    I am considering to buy Sony MDRV6 Monitor Series Headphones with CCAW Voice Coil or Sony MDR 7506 Professional large Diaphragm headphone or DJ headphones.
    What is your opinion based on your personal experience.Please share.
    Thanks
    Raj
    Quote Originally Posted by neuroasis View Post
    A positive, detailed, in depth review from Astral Projection author and discussion forum host, Ryan Tasker (Xanth):

http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/20...dplace-review/

Also, check out many positive and some very heartfelt Kasina reviews of the Kasina on Amazon.com.

Blog Entries

Hi Raj,
    I think that large diaphragm headphones improve the experience to a very large degree. Especially for low frequency sounds (sub 120hz) which I greatly prefer. Some of CraigT's sessions use deep sub frequencies to a great effect which doesn't quite translate nearly as well on the factory buds. Vapor-Chill being an example. Love that one!

I have the exact headphones you are asking about Sony MDRV6 and have used them almost everyday for 3+ years. For the price, sound and comfort they are a very good choice. I also had the DJ ones but I didn't like the 'rotation' on the arms as much as I though when lying down they shifted a bit more and weren't as comfortable. They might have blocked external sound a little bit better maybe and had an emphasized low end. They were good but I like the V6 better.

Sennheiser has some great headphones too and newer models. So check those out.

Scott
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Blog Entries

I don't know about AVS use, but my go-to headphones are still the Bose Quietcomfort 2. I love the noise-cancelling feature, the way they enclose the ears rather than sitting on top and they sound great. When all around you is not as quiet as you'd like, they're great.
    My reference headphones are AKG K270s, but I only use them in quiet environments. I would think they'd be a little too bulky for casual listening.
    Another great set of headphones are the Sennheiser HD 25-1 II which are compact on-the-ear style.
    For in-the-ear, I use JH Audio JH-11 custom moulded earbuds.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Thanks for quick reply. Can you suggest me model from Sennheiser which can work for wide frequencies and best for Kasina and Procyon?

Hi Raj,
    I think that large diaphragm headphones improve the experience to a very large degree. Especially for low frequency sounds (sub 120hz) which I greatly prefer. Some of CraigT's sessions use deep sub frequencies to a great effect which doesn't quite translate nearly as well on the factory buds. Vapor-Chill being an example. Love that one!

I have the exact headphones you are asking about Sony MDRV6 and have used them almost everyday for 3+ years. For the price, sound and comfort they are a very good choice. I also had the DJ ones but I didn't like the 'rotation' on the arms as much as I though when lying down they shifted a bit more and weren't as comfortable. They might have blocked external sound a little bit better maybe and had an emphasized low end. They were good but I like the V6 better.

Sennheiser has some great headphones too and newer models. So check those out.

Scott

Blog Entries

Pretty much any of the ones in their HD series.. the preferred being: Sennheiser HD 380 Pro

The ones comparable to the Sony V6 are the HD 280

It is hard to go wrong with any of the ones mentioned. Andy might have some thoughts too as headphones is his bread and butter.

Blog Entries

Andy might have some thoughts too as headphones is his bread and butter.
    http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...1015#post11015
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Hi Andy,
    Can you check following link. It is not going to that page.

http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...1015#post11015

THanks
    Raj

Blog Entries

It's working for me, Raj. It should take you to post #4 in this thread. Where is it taking you to?
    -Andy.

I got it. Thanks Andy and neuroasis. Great help and support always.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    It's working for me, Raj. It should take you to post #4 in this thread. Where is it taking you to?

Thread Information