Thread: KASINA Drivers and Windows PNP and driver issues (HELP)

1. Default KASINA Drivers and Windows PNP and driver issues (HELP)

Hiya everyone,

So I own and use the amazing new KASINA product and I was highly impressed with it. I just had a few hickups with it that kinda ruined my experience so to speak.

I also own neuroprogrammer the utlimate edition and was really happy to hear that there finally is support for the kasina in NP3. Hooking up the device to my windows 7, the driver update pops up and starts downloading and installing drivers but to my bad luck the internet goes down midway so the driver installation failed.

Not to worry, I waited till my internet was back on and reconnected the device but to my shock the driver update dialog did not appear again and now I cannot use my KASINA on my windows 7

I know that windows is mostly to blame here but I would highly appreciate it if the mindplace team would just bundle the drivers for the device and upload them on the forum so people who run into problems like me have the option to install the drivers manually when unfortunate events like this happen.

Anyones help or guidance at this stage would be welcomed

All the best,
    Al

Blog Entries

Default Re: KASINA Drivers and Windows PNP and driver issues (HELP)

There should be no drivers needed for the Kasina. It operates the same as if you plugged in a flash drive.

If you load up the Micro-SD card into the Kasina, power on the Kasina, connect the USB cable to the Kasina and to your PC, the Kasina should just show up as would any external storage device.

If you click on "Computer" on the Start Menu do you see the Kasina micro-SD there? How about under Devices and Printers?
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

3. Default Re: KASINA Drivers and Windows PNP and driver issues (HELP)

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    There should be no drivers needed for the Kasina. It operates the same as if you plugged in a flash drive.

If you load up the Micro-SD card into the Kasina, power on the Kasina, connect the USB cable to the Kasina and to your PC, the Kasina should just show up as would any external storage device.

If you click on "Computer" on the Start Menu do you see the Kasina micro-SD there? How about under Devices and Printers?
    Hiya Andy,

Thanks for the response. You are right, the Kasina SD drive does appear as a flash drive and it is also detected by the KASINA basic editor however it is not listed under devices and printers and is not being detected by NP3 or MWS which is why I was hoping for a driver set of some sort.

Blog Entries

Hi Alladin,

There are 2 Services drivers that are installed by Windows. One is the USB Drive mount point. It sounds like that is working. If you can see a new volume on your computer named Kasina SD and browse all the files, copy files to the drive, etc... then you are ok there.

The other service is USB Audio. Under your Sound Devices you should see Kasina AVS as a device. Could you check and verify that this is present?

I believe MWS and NP3 are looking for both of these before it enables the Kasina within the software. Also, Kasina support is brand new to the Transparent software so have you updated to the latest versions of MWS and NP3?

If you have issues with any of these items please let us know.

Thanks,
    Scott
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

5. Default Re: KASINA Drivers and Windows PNP and driver issues (HELP)

Quote Originally Posted by neuroasis View Post
    Hi Alladin,

There are 2 Services drivers that are installed by Windows. One is the USB Drive mount point. It sounds like that is working. If you can see a new volume on your computer named Kasina SD and browse all the files, copy files to the drive, etc... then you are ok there.

The other service is USB Audio. Under your Sound Devices you should see Kasina AVS as a device. Could you check and verify that this is present?

I believe MWS and NP3 are looking for both of these before it enables the Kasina within the software. Also, Kasina support is brand new to the Transparent software so have you updated to the latest versions of MWS and NP3?

If you have issues with any of these items please let us know.

Thanks,
    Scott

Hi there Scott,

Great work with the Kasina and the spectrastrobe sessions btw. I especially enjoy the solotion night track. About the devices, under sound devices I found the kasina is listed as "3- USB Audio Device" with a generic name Speakers, I tested it and it seems to be working just fine and playing the test sounds through the device. Should it say Kasina AVS as you mentioned? Going back to devices and Printers I found a "Kasina AVS" as you mentioned but it is not listed under that name in the audio devices. Should it?

I've updated NP3 to the latest version too but still no joy as of yet.

Blog Entries

Thanks for your compliment on the sessions. Soliton is one of my favorites too that I use long term.

Sometimes this seems obvious but have you tried rebooting the machine? That clears up much weirdness sometimes. Otherwise, how about another USB port for the Kasina? The thing is that honestly this is the first time we have confronted this issue that I know about. So, if there are further issues we are going to have to put our heads together to work it out. But problems teach lessons..

If you had the audio device then there would only be one more thing to look at as far NP3/MWS is to be sure that there is the folder on the SD card named KASINA and inside that folder a file KasinaSD.id with the text inside KasinaSD.id. Software uses this folder and file to find the Kasina SD card.

Let me know if anything I have said helps and if not we will go further.

Thanks again for your kind words,
    Scott
    Last edited by neuroasis; 02-28-2014 at 04:20 AM.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Blog Entries

On Win7, when you select "USB" on the Kasina's Menu, the Kasina shows up as Speakers with the name "USB Audio Device"

Kasina Audio Device.JPG

Also when you select "USB" on the Kasina's Menu, it shows up as a storage device (drive) which looks like this:

Kasina Storage Device.JPG

It will look like this under "Computer", but may have a name different than "Removable Disk". You can rename it to whatever you want.

Kasina Drive.JPG
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

8. Default Re: KASINA Drivers and Windows PNP and driver issues (HELP)

Thank you so much guys ... Problem solved. Woohoo. Now this may seem strange but I decided to change the name of the USB Audio device to "Kasina AVS" instead of speakers and guess what? yep, NP3 and Mindworkstation are working with the device now. Weird I know, right? What can I say, windows is better called Weirdows sometimes! haha. I'm just happy it finally worked. Thanks for everything guys and keep up the great work.

Thread Information