Thread: Low Brightness of the Ganzframes

1. Default Low Brightness of the Ganzframes

Hi, I just got my Kasina. I've been testing and I am deeply disappointed.. I have a Procyon and brightness is much higher than in the Glasses kasina. I can wear glasses with open eyes undisturbed! . I have the slight brigtness at maximun level. The interior of the right lens is different on the left lens. My glasses are fine? Is normal this low brightness?

Default Re: Low Brightness of the Ganzframes

Quote Originally Posted by enriquegmi View Post
    Hi, I just got my Kasina. I've been testing and I am deeply disappointed.. I have a Procyon and brightness is much higher than in the Glasses kasina. I can wear glasses with open eyes undisturbed! . I have the slight brigtness at maximun level. The interior of the right lens is different on the left lens. My glasses are fine? Is normal this low brightness?
    Maybe make sure your Kasina battery is fully charged, your glasses are properly installed (pushed in all the way), and that you know how to adjust the brightness with the right +/- buttons. I find that the Kasina is a bit brighter than my procyon to the point that I actually need to crank it down 1-2 clicks. If you still have problems contact MP support and I'm sure they will help you out.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Low Brightness of the Ganzframes

Hello. Would you try running the session A Starlit Night in the Mind Art folder? This uses all of the LEDs together at once in many places.

The Kasina actually should be a great deal brighter than the Procyon, Proteus and monocolor frames in actual light output. There are 12 LEDs in the glasses. They are the same LEDs used in our other Ganzframes but more of them and with a different color balance.

Kasina - 3 Blue LEDs, 2 Green LEDs, and 1 Red LED per eye.
    Procyon - 1 Blue LED, 1 Green LED and 1 Red LED per eye.
    Proteus - 2 Green LEDs and 2 Red LEDs per eye.

One thing to be noted however is that Red is the dominant color in closed eyes. So for instance the Proteus sessions which have 2 Red per eye and often use Red at full brightness can appear perceptually very bright. The Procyon also uses red at full amplitude a lot. The Kasina does sometimes but also we have learned to be more subtle with it in use to create better color mixing in closed eyes.

As TomC said, make sure your battery is fully charged. Another thing to try is some of the KBS sessions. ColorSet 1 has all the LEDs on at once. The other ColorSets can give you a feel for how the other LEDs balance.

Please try and report back.

Best,
    Scott
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

4. Default Re: Low Brightness of the Ganzframes

The same thing happened to me, and I realized the light frames werent plugged in all the way.... there are four channels (sleeve, ring 1, ring 2, tip) on the 1/8" phone plug that have to make contact, and if its not in all the way you will get the low brightness you talk about... You may be experiencing something different, but IME, that can be the cause of dim lighting.

5. Default Re: Low Brightness of the Ganzframes

Problem solved ! . I had colororgan settings with Spectrastobe and Audiostrobe mode . Thanks .

Thread Information