Thread: Kasina Review and Observation

Default Kasina Review and Observation

Hello All,
    received my Kasina this past Wednesday and I am enjoying it so far. I tried a session today called Touch of Silence and heard someone coughing during the track. I was wondering if maybe I have an older version of the track and has anyone else noticed it?
    I purchased the Kasina to assist my 10 year old with anxiety issues. He's used it three times since purchased and I can already see a change in his anxiety.
    I am extremely happy and grateful I stumbled upon this site. I would recommend the Kasina, very easy to use, effective and I look forward to helping my son achieve peace in his life.

Default Re: Kasina Review and Observation

Ya, I can hear what sounds like a female cough at ~10:02 and 11:30 on this track. Very short, identical 2x coughs in both cases. Not sure, might be a sound mixing thing.

I hope you are getting professional medical advice for your 10 year old's anxiety issues and not just trying to self-medicate him. Still, these avs machines must be a better alternative than playing some of the violent video games out there, lol!

Well, I would say that caugh is the "Touch of Silence" ;-)
    At least it seems that the caughs are being an intented part of the recording.
    - Surfing on the brainwaves -

4. Default Re: Kasina Review and Observation

I have heard cough on that track (Touch of Silence) as well. Today I was listening to "Clear Your Mind" under "Rejuvenate" I heard coughs again. After that I heard more noises like someone moving in the room and door open and close. I don't think these are intentional part of recording. It seems some of the recordings were unprofessionally done and the folks at Mindplace forgot to check them before they released the Kasina.

Other than that I am enjoying my Kasina so far (less than a week). But I would not listen to these tracks again.

Blog Entries

Hello, we definitely have made note of the 'ambient' sounds in the recordings you reference. These particular tracks were recorded live with the tibetan bowls it would seem. Thus we can expect some ambient noise but you are right there are elements that could be considered distracting. These tracks were all remastered very shortly before the release of the Kasina to match the audio levels of the other factory sessions. This may have emphasized the artifacts beyond what the original artist intended. I will have the producer look at it and see if we can't do a re-edit or something.

Thanks for pointing it out to us.

Best,
    Scott
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Thread Information