Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Holosync meditation CD's... Entrainment used methodically?

1. Default Entrainment used methodically? (eg holosync)

Hey guys, so I have been checking out some meditation CD's just for fun, and I cam across some binaural beat programs... there is one in particular which i am curious about, as reportedy if the directions are followed, it will take several years or so to complete all the levels...

I have absolutely no interest in buying these CD's as they are quite expensive, but what I am interested in is their entrainment protocol...

They have this system where you have to listen to the sessions in a particular order, and im not sure, but I think it gradually introduces the brain to different frequencies...

here is a copy and past of the instructions I found online for the first level, Awakening Prologue:

1. Listen to the introduction track. (The Awakening)

2. Listen to "The Dive" once each day (30 minutes) sitting with eyes closed, for 14 days. Do not listen to "Immersion" (yet).

3. After 14 days, listen to "The Dive" followed by "Immersion," making a one-hour listening session.

4. After 4 weeks you can extend the session by listening to "Immersion" twice. making a 1.5 hour session (This is optional).

Then you move on to Awakening level 1,2,3,4, Purification 1,2,3,4, and then flowering 1,2,3,4

Im more curious as to why the rigorous sequence, and how they progress you through the frequencies? any one have any idea? Any one ever use these CD's?

At this point in time, I have only scratched the surface of the kasina. I would like to get into a more structured routine with specific goals, but I have no clue how to progress... right now im using it in a purely situational manner... if I need an energy boost, I listen to an accelerate session, if I want to go to sleep, night voyage etc...

The thing I am not sure on, is how to use entrainment in a methodical manner so as to get maximum benefit... even if I could see the frequencies of the holocync sessions as an example of progression that would help, but I cant find a program summary anywhere...

If you understand what im trying to ask, great!
    If not let me know and I will try and clarify...

Cheers!
    Aaron
    Last edited by Quoiyaien; 02-21-2014 at 07:40 PM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Holosync meditation CD's... Entrainment used methodically?

Earlier in my AVS studies about 10-12 years ago I went through the first 2 levels of the Holosync program methodically for several months 1 hour per day... (I had ticks whenever I heard windchimes after that for a while ) Then after that the big hidden 'charges' for the system kicked in. Custom cd's with subliminals... etc. Hundreds of dollars in further investment. Yeah, no thank you, I had already achieved what I wanted which was a scheduled meditation time and the ability to move deep within myself beyond the external.

The goal of Holosync is to move you deeper and deeper toward waking Delta. It is a ramp down, down, down... This is a questionable practice. You might want to visit the Transparent forum and search for Holosync there. Interesting discussions.

Anyway, not down playing the system necessarily. As I said at that particular time it was the impetus for a deeper practice and I do certainly think a structured program is a good thing. We plan to do this.

Scott
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

3. Default Re: Holosync meditation CD's... Entrainment used methodically?

Thanks! I checked out some of the threads at transparent, and I guess a more important question would be: how do I determine which frequencies to use, and which frequencies to avoid?

Blog Entries

It depends on what you want to achieve. I think the first task of any program should be determining and recognizing your key alpha rhythm. Then slowly moving it up and down. This requires some instruction and for really personalized results, extra tools like an OpenEEG system. That is another discussion.

I think the first steps are learning to entrain.

I know people really want this instruction... damn, if I just could find more time. It is coming but there are some necessary pieces that have to be in place for web delivery and feedback/consultation type things.. Also I am evaluating different EEG tech to find the most robust and affordable. The obvious candidates don't hold up IMHO. If it weren't for slooooowwww China shipping i would already be much further along.

Give me a day or so and I'll make an Alpha Sweeping program which is a good first step. BTW, this is in a queue with some instructional video requests I have to fulfill..
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

5. Default Re: Holosync meditation CD's... Entrainment used methodically?

Key alpha rhythm eh?

Can that be determined experientially? I dont mean to bog you down with more things to do, but can you provide a quick summary on how to figure that out? I can play around with KBS but I dont really know what to look for...

Actually never mind, I found something on CraigT's blog that outlines that:

From CraigT's Blog:
    ...In practice, individuals will have a natural dominant alpha frequency between 9.5Hz and 10.5Hz and tuning sessions to the individual does enhance their effectiveness. Units like the Proteus have a User Mode which very conveniently allows you to ?scan? through frequencies to find ?sweet spots?. A good indication of your dominant alpha frequency can be found by using User Mode with the lights set bright and sweeping through 9-11Hz and noticing when your eyes start quivering and wanting to blink (even though they?re closed) ? my experiments suggest that the most powerful blink impulse corresponds to the individual?s dominant alpha.
    Looks like ive got a little experimenting to do

6. Default Re: Holosync meditation CD's... Entrainment used methodically?

Just a quick question: lets say I want to set up a deep delta protocol like holosync on my kasina; if I wanted to avoid possible issues with the constant ramping down, would it be wise to ramp up to my key alpha rhythm at the end of each session? Or would that just negate the whole entrainment protocol?

7. Default Re: Holosync meditation CD's... Entrainment used methodically?

Quote Originally Posted by neuroasis View Post
    ...I do certainly think a structured program is a good thing. We plan to do this.
    Cant wait to see this

Blog Entries

I forget Aaron do you have any of the Transparent products? I ask because there is a Holosync simulation program contributed by a user in the Member's Area.

9. Default Re: Holosync meditation CD's... Entrainment used methodically?

no i dont, not yet anyway...

Blog Entries

I'll check it out. I haven't in a while but I remember it being there. Maybe I will output it as SpectraStrobe.

Thread Information