Thread: Mulab Kasina plugins

1. Default Mulab Kasina plugins

Hey guys, so I have been playing around with the software just to get a feel for it, and I have a couple questions...

First, in the KBM plugin, is there anyway to change the frequency of the lights? regardless of what speed the beat is set to, the lights still flash really fast... is there an oscillator im not aware of in there somewhere?

Also, the lights never go completely off either.. they flash in unison with the beats (again, at a different frequency), but during the off beat they just sort of flicker in the background at the same high frequency as when they are all the way on... Even with the light amplitude for each color set to 0, all the LED's still flicker

Second, in KLO2, im noticing the lights flash in unison with the click track.. is this supposed to happen?

Ive been having fun playing around with the keyboard in mulab just to get a feel for the LFO's and different colour settings (is there a list somewhere that tells you which combination of light amplitude gives you which colour?)... cant wait to get my interface and start recording!

Im sure I will have many more questions as I dig into this, so I will try and keep them all in this thread...

Thanks

2. Default Re: Mulab Kasina plugins

Heres a vid showing what Im talking about re: KBM
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Mulab Kasina plugins

Hi,

KBM is specifically for making audio beats and creating the lights from the audio waveform. The filters and levels are set up in the KBM MUX to give good typical results - feel free to jump into the Deep Editor and fine tune - all flicker can be eliminated buat at the cost of some sensitivity.

If you want direct MuLab control of flashing, you'll be wanting TKE, which is the more complete and general purpose MUX compared to the more specialized KBM and KLO.

As for color mixing - open any application that allows color choice, such as a photoshop-type program and check out the RGB mixes there.

I'll have a play around with KLO2 later - I'm not sure I understand what you mean.

Cheers,
    Craig

4. Default Re: Mulab Kasina plugins

With KLO, the lights flash along with the metronome, even when no note is being played... Not a big deal, just wondering if I may have done something wrong in the setup...

Thread Information