Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi All

Default Hi All

Hello everyone.

I ordered a kasina today and i am expecting it on monday or tuesday. Im totally new to avs and cant wait to see what the kasina can do.
    Just wondering if i need to download anything or if anyone has any tips or programs they think might be suitable for a noob.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Hi All

Hi Steve,
    Congratulations on your Kasina purchase. We wish you great success and enjoyment using it. We are here to help when you have questions.

Everything that you will need is in the package on the SD card. That includes many, many factory sessions, and software, product manuals, etc. Many people start with the Mind Art category just to get an impressive introduction to the capabilities of the Kasina. Then move into more purpose-oriented sections like Night Voyage for rest, or Trance for hypnotic sessions.

Let me ask you. Do you have a specific goal or purpose for which you would like the Kasina to assist? That will help us to give you the best information.

Enjoy the ride,
    Scott
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the welcome. I would really like to explore the place between sleep and the awakened state. Im also very interested in dream recall and astral projection. Im not sure if the kasina will be able to help much
    but im looking forward to experimenting with it.
    Hope you guys on here are ready for loads of questions.

Blog Entries

Many find a mind machine as an ideal tool to hover between wakefulness and sleep. With good session design you can drop down into sleep and bubble back up again. This area of 'hypnagogic imagery' is very fertile ground for exploration.

When you get your Kasina and explore it a bit, we are here to answer any and all questions you have.

Scott
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Kasina arrived today and looked really good and well packaged. For some reason it sounded like there was something loose inside case ???. Anyway to cut a long story short i charged it for a couple of hours from the usb on my computer but it was dead . i was gutted.
    Got on to amazon website and tried to arrange a pick up to get it replaced but for some reason they would only let me get a refund.
    Cant get that for about 15 days though so i ordered another one for delivery on wednesday. I sure hope this one works as ive now spent ?530 pounds with the delivery charges.
    Hope ive not missed something really stupid with how to turn the kasina on.
    Im a bit fed up to tell the truth. I was really looking forward to testing it out tonight.
    Steve

Blog Entries

Hi Steve,
    Really very sorry to hear about this. Something loose in the case doesn't sound good. Maybe a screw that holds the PCB on came loose or broke off. Sometimes in transit and manufacturing this is inevitable. A screw that is moving around inside the case can short out components if it lodges in the wrong place. Still, since you currently have the unit, you might shake it more or even take it apart. (MP management speak up if you don't want him to do this...) If you remove the 2 screws for the SD card panel then you pop the top off by sliding it forward. Then you can see what is loose inside. I would be interested to know.

Normally, I would say to charge it longer but if a metal part has come loose and is shorting out, then you wouldn't want to do this.

We always feel very bad when an unlucky customer gets a bad unit. So far we have had a good production run with only a few blemishes and some shipping damage. I suppose you ordered from Amazon.co.uk?

I understand your frustration and again truly am sorry for your trouble and inconvenience. I will draw the attention of our management to this issue.

Thank you for letting us know and be assured that we will do what is needed to resolve it.

Scott

If you guys want me to open it up i will and take some photos if you like. As long as i can still get my refund that is as ive ordered another one.
    Steve

Blog Entries

PM'd you on this issue.. check your Inbox.

Scott

Blog Entries

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you had with your new purchase.

If you have any trouble at all with your refund or replacement Kasina, please let me know via the "contact us" link at the bottom of the forum page or on the main support site at http://www.mindplacesupport.com. I can help you with any service or support issue that you have now or in the future.
    As Scott says, although we can't guarantee that every product will arrive 100% perfect, we do always strive for that. But, when problems arise, we do take customer support very seriously.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

10. Default Re: Hi All

Did you hold the 'on' button for a couple seconds? You have to hold it for a couple seconds before it will turn on...

Also, I thought there was something rattling inside mine, but after investigation it was clearly just the buttons...(aka not a problem)

Not sure if this is what your experiencing, but I hope it helps

Thread Information