Thread: Procyon vs. Kasina

Default Procyon vs. Kasina

Hi,
    Before I buy Kasina, I like to know how different it is from Procyon. I own Procyon and one other brand from other vendor. Please share your view.
    Thanks
    Raj

Blog Entries

Default Re: Procyon vs. Kasina

Hello Raj,
    Both machines have their unique character which is very different.

There are obvious structural differences such as the Kasina's onboard mp3/wav player, SD card, rechargeable battery, LCD display, navigation wheel, sleeker form factor....

The Kasina uses its mp3/wav player to great advantage to produce deep listening sessions with ambient soundscapes, environmental sounds, modulated audio, etc. The lights are embedded directly in the sound files like AudioStrobe. But we have pioneered an advance on AudioStrobe called SpectraStrobe which encodes all colors (in contrast to the 2 colors of AS) along with separation in the left and right eyes on all light channels. Thus, the majority of Kasina sessions are audio based and sufficiently complex and interesting to be considered as something entirely new among all mind machines yet released.

The Kasina has a lot of additional features such as regular mind machine sessions including the full factory set of our discontinued Sirius mind machine, expanded color mapping to AudioStrobe files, a built in Color Organ, and also it acts as USB audio device when hooked up to your computer, so pure and easy digitally streamed audio from any computer application.

As far as character of the light displays (at least so far as we have only scratched the surface) because the Kasina plays back from audio encoding rather than digital instructions like the Procyon, the Kasina output is more organic and flowing, with subtle mixing, and interesting transitions. The Procyon light output has a certain sharp edge and crispness that is pleasing.

Overall, the Kasina is the most advanced platform for light and sound available. Yet, the Procyon has its charm too.

Hope this helps. If there are more specific things you would like to know please ask. Also, if other owners of both machines would like to chime in that would be helpful too.

Best regards,
    Scott
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Thread Information