Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bought one - pleased I did

1. Default Bought one - pleased I did

I received mine yesterday and am generally very pleased with it. After my Orion, Proteus and Procyon, this new machine is a cut above. Excellent in all respects. The ability to use SD cards is a joy.

It did not, however, arrive with a UK charger, which makes it potentially difficult to charge up. I used my Apple iphone charger and that seemed to work. Is this a potential problem?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Bought one - pleased I did

Hello and welcome!

Congratulations on your new acquisition! :-)

There is no problem using and kind of USB charger, including just connecting it up to your computer.

Just curious - where did you purchase your Kasina?
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

3. Default Re: Bought one - pleased I did

Thanks for the info. Purchased it from Amazon in the UK. I was going to get it from the Meditations guy but then he sends spam mail on a daily basis.

By the way, after more structured testing (messing about) I'm loving the ability to use audiostrobe internally.

Note though that the 50 minute meditation session on my machine is unusable due to crackles (I have upgraded to FW1.03 and it's still crackling).

Blog Entries

Please send me an e-mail (use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of this page) so we can get you the AC adapter, and resolve the crackling issue.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Blog Entries

Hello and welcome the wonderful world of Kasina!

Which session are you talking about exactly that is crackling? (50 minute meditation?) Would you mind posting the name of the session and we'll investigate.

Thanks,
    Scott
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Hi,

Always good to hear from a happy Kasina owner.

If the session is called Meditate and it is 50 minutes long, then that's one of mine.

Does this crackle occur only on this session?

Is the crackle distinct from the unusual use of white noise of the session?

Does it sound like fast flutter?

Anyway, there's a few things in the session that might be perceived as crackle. I'll be happy to make a version without these bits if you wish.

Thank you for the feedback.

Cheers,
    Craig

7. Default Re: Bought one - pleased I did

Craig

The crackling is on the 50 minute long Meditate session in the Meditate folder of the Spectrastrobe sessions. The crackling isn't flutter; it sounds as though it doesn't belong and is distracting.

But, and it's a big but, in the greater scheme of things it's not that problematic. There are loads of other excellent sessions without any excess noise so I'm not concerned. I'm really just letting you know.

I appreciate your attitude.

If you decide you would like to experiment with the components of the session, I would welcome the opportunity.

If/when the time becomes right, please get back to me with a comment here and we can document the results here.

I would be happy to make an open experiment, providing the Meditate session with its present components in all combinations. This could be a good way of getting some reasonably independent perceived effectiveness testing for different session designs. I have always hoped that I have balanced the design of my sessions between what can loosely be termed "best practice", that is inclusion of audible beats at the frequencies generally accepted as being appropriate to the function and incorporating new interpretations of the latest hints from science. This session includes a great deal of gamma modulated noise - gamma having been associated with all manner of higher states. Needless to say, the sessions work for me.

Meditate is a good choice for an experiment like this, as it works well audio-only (you can download the Kasina content while you're saving up for your Kasina). Meditation is also sufficiently subjective to allow free expression without anyone really knowing for sure who's vision more closely matches underlying reality.

Cheers,
    Craig

9. Default Re: Bought one - pleased I did

Craig. Thanks for all your replies but I have no idea what you mean by that last post. I'm not sure how I can download content for my Kasina whilst I save up for the very machine I already have.

Anyway, thanks again.

Hi,

The last comment was more broadly targeted - I would be interested in getting some more formal feedback going on session design - not just mine, but sessions in general.

Anyway, there's a version of Meditate here (a few down from the top) without the crackly gamma component.

Cheers,
    Craig

Thread Information