Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Frequencies of the Elements of the Earth

Default Frequencies of the Elements of the Earth

I would like to create 4 sessions about the elements of the earth : "EARTH" "FIRE" "WATER" "AIR" in the tradition of the American Indian.
    Now my Question what Frequenzies would you suggest for each of these elements. I guess earth would be 7.83Hz ?
    Cheers Esthy

Blog Entries

Default Re: Frequencies of the Elements of the Earth

I would tend to approach it artistically. That is let each of 4 common brainwave range represent one of the elements. Then also the predominant colors of the sessions.

So:
    Blues / Water / Delta (little green too)
    Greens / Earth / Theta (yellows and orange/brown too)
    Yellow / Air / Alpha (blues too)
    Reds / Fire / Beta (oranges, whites and yellows too)

That is one interpretation.. and your 7.83hz fits in this scheme.

The sounds that you choose are key to the effect as well.

Hope this helps,
    Scott
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

I've used the same color/element correspondences as Scott, however I have usually use them with delta attributed to earth and theta attributed to water. Rationale is that "earth drumming" in the shamanic practice I have been taught is the lowest, slowest, while water is associated with emotional and astral states more appropriate to theta rates.

A further complication in such attribution is the energy spectrum of light - red is the lowest energy through to blue being the highest. Although counter-intuitive, blue is more likely to cause physiological responses appropriate to fire, taking fire to be the highest energy, with air, water and earth following. Direct significance of this is that blue dawn light triggers wake-up melatonin/serotonin conversion while dusk reds trigger the reverse.

As Scott said, the sound you use will probably convey more than the attributed beat/color, the significance of which the listener may not fully appreciate.

Cheers,
    Craig
    Last edited by CraigT; 01-26-2014 at 11:34 AM.

Blog Entries

I think that Craig's argument is valid and would be workable as well.

I tend to associate water with subconscious/unconscious (theta or delta) as a general rule while earth as more atmospheric/transitional/balancing between... but this is non-traditional in certain systems.

Also from a practical matter while being aware of the activation that blue light causes, I tend to suspect that this is not as prevalent in closed eye use as a matter of the purely perceived amount of brightness. I know of no color studies that back me up on this though as they are dealing with either lab animals that live under this light for long periods of time or studies of night time exposure to light emitting devices like computer monitors. I could stand to be corrected possibly.

Also, you could add a fifth element for Aether if you want gamma sessions, which would be white/pinkish white (reducing green and blue a bit)
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Hi Craig and Scott
    Thank you very much for your suggestions.Well actually I had the music plus the colors already when I asced the question it was only the frequencies which I was unshure.
    The music I choose comes from American Indian tradition another way to approach would probably have been the asian Chakra System well maybe my next Project.
    Now you confused me a little with the colors too........Well in the end this is not an exact sience and I will do it as I feel it right.Maybe someone else would do it different but
    thats the spicy part of life to have all the choices isn't it........
    Wish you a colorful soundful beautiful day
    Esthy

Ps.I wonder why nobody else is sharing any sessions it's so much fun to create them..like painting a picture but more multidimensional.....
    In Balance 100x80cm .jpg
    Last edited by Thalassa; 01-26-2014 at 09:19 PM.

Blog Entries

I think Craig will back me up and I know our internal team does (as well as experts in other companies who I won't mention by name) but there are no 'magic frequencies' that can reliably be proven to have the same effect across all people. People have created somewhat of a numerology surrounding certain frequencies. It is a form of mysticism more than science. As stated elsewhere, I personally have no problem with that and somewhat kind of like it that way.... to a point. However, just because there is widespread talk of certain frequencies, does not make that proven to any scientific rigor.

Even the Schumann frequencies vary widely within a range, while also having octaves. I tend to work with the principles of harmony and music which at least have a strong foundation in vibratory physics.

So, that is to say... there is no definitive answer. It is a good baseline to consider the 'ranges' more so than any specific frequency.

Hope this helps and I have not slain anyone's sacred cows.

Scott
    Last edited by neuroasis; 01-27-2014 at 05:45 AM.

Blog Entries

Ps.I wonder why nobody else is sharing any sessions it's so much fun to create them..like painting a picture but more multidimensional.....
    I think many people will start contributing sessions as they go through the factory content which is quite extensive. The Kasina has only be widely available for less than 2 months.

I am so happy that you have jumped right in and created such nice stuff. And you are right it is a new form of multi-sensory art.

Blog Entries

One thing I do like to do with number mysticism that has some basis in a wide range of physical systems including potentially brain anatomy organization (certainly the auditory system) is to use Golden Ratios..

So say you used 7.83 as your basic unit.. There is kind of 'group mind' power that has been built up around this frequency... that would be your Theta/Alpha baseline.. then you would go to a Alpha/Beta borderline by 7.83 x 1.618 (golden ratio - phi) = 12.66. You could repeat that for your upper frequencies to 20.49 and then 33.16..

For your lower frequencies multiply by the inverse of 1.618 which is a unique property of the Golden Ratio and equal to 0.618,

So 7.83 x 0.618 = 4.83 which is still in the Theta range.... by the way the Shamanic frequency in widespread mythology is 4.5 so you could consider that too.

Your delta would be 4.83 x 0.618 = 2.99....

Anyway that is quasi-mystical way of doing it..

Scott
    Last edited by neuroasis; 01-27-2014 at 05:43 AM.

Hi Scott
    I love this Idea with the golden ratio I often use this in my paintings.
    I will do a second version of my 4 sessions with these frequencies.
    Just that I don't mix anything which frequencies for which elements you would choose?
    Have to do some painting " work" now but will be back later
    Esthy

Is this correct.
    Water 2.99Hz
    Earth 4.83Hz
    Air 7.83Hz
    Fire 12.66

Thread Information