Thread: Listen Up !

Default Listen Up !

I started running about a year ago, it was slow going because I have severe onset (not rheumatoid) arthritis and I had never run distance in my life.

Turns out that out of all the workout activities my Procyon works the best for running.

Running is all about being in a zone, the Procyon is an amazing tool to learn all aspects of all kinds of zones and getting you in them.

Now my regular run is considered 6 miles, four to five days a week but sometimes I run 7 and sometimes I run 5 but the other night (2 weeks ago) I got a bug, I little signal in my head while running, I don't know, maybe it was a result of my Procyon sessions and ran 17 miles, 2 days later I ran 16 all in severe winter conditions. Been back to 6's and 7's since then.

Just incase no one has tried it for performance gains in this activity Listen Up ! It fits like a glove. I feel my performance gains are directly related to Procyon sessions.

I've also begun incorporating Kasina sessions in, so far just for cool downs and clearing my head but it works great for that, I love it !

Default Re: Listen Up !

Okay, spill the rest of the trick - which session(s) provide the best mileage? Standard or custom? Used before or during the run? Audio or audiovisual (yes I know that running with the GanzFrames is improbable, but hey, maybe you've found a way)?

Cheers,
    Craig

Blog Entries

I want to hear more about this too, Steve. I think AVS is way under utilized for athletic performance gains. Many aspects of training depend on repetition and 'going beyond' oneself.

Personally, I use the Procyon and Sirius (especially) on a stationary exercise bike and it really does put you in the zone. Please share more details of your experiences.

Scott
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

AVS is most definitely under utilized for performance training, possibly a hidden secret. I'm starting to write my own programs but so many of the pre loaded programs are great for running specifically even ones you would not think of right away.

Running is so many things that I've found I really need to get into my head while I'm running. For example at first I couldn't listen to my own breathing, it would make me panic slightly so composure would benefit me in that situation, Procyon session 12. Now I run with no music and it's great, I'm where I need to be, I don't even hear my breathing anymore.

What session then depends on what I need and when, It's all about identifying a task to overcome a weakness and that's the great part, these are powerful tools to do that. One day if I need energy and alertness and not only is help there but past sessions are still doing their job, what I feel is conditioning my brain for alertness on command, conditioning my brain for mental warmup on command right before a run, conditioning my mind for full energy on command, and even using creative visualization sessions to visualize a run except it's never just a run or just a course it's more like an unknown run to and through an unknown place through all kinds of visualized worlds but what it includes of course is me with super human strength, and incredible speeds with all kinds of great feelings of me strong and pulling away at an amazing pace. And that's very exiting, definitely gets me psych'd and not in a get in there and make a tackle way but more like it's a great saved experience for use subconsciously at a later date, a great positive experience.

That's an awesome approach and a great attitude!

Here's the next question - how do I psych my little dog into running - she hates it so I find myself, at best, getting a brisk walk

Cheers,
    Craig

Blog Entries

Steve it is not quite clear to me if you are using AVS while you are exercising? Or as a pre- post- preparation/meditation?

In my case on the exercise bike I am actually wearing the Sirius at the time and using it for pacing.

Scott
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

I was about to respond that there is no way I'd ever be able to wear an AVS device while exercising but I'll admit, it was thought about and I wanted to, but for me it won't happen. In addition the on going discovery process concerning AVS and athletics has already been so promising for me that pursuing these techniques is so exciting that staying focused on using AVS for meditation, warmups, cooldowns and more feels so right.

I use AVS for all of the above and lately it's been getting to be more than what I ever thought like accelerated learning, concentration and composurer in addition to mental warmups and cooldowns. I'm now writing programs for specific goals (just started though).

I've also been using my new Kasina for performance gains as well. The Kasina is still new to me but has already proved it's self to be great for cool downs and power resting the mind as well as the body.

Blog Entries

Thanks for clarifying. I understand that it would be difficult to run in closed eye glasses because you couldn't see where you were going. It wasn't clear to me though if you had modified or created a pair of see through glasses. I don't have this issue on the stationary exercise bike and wear the standard pair of white Ganzframes for the Sirius. I do wear a headband though to keep sweat out of them. Again it is great for pacing and pushing past your limits.

David Delight truvu-openeye.jpgHi just for the Info
    The DAVID Delight Pro Neuro-Regulationssystem has truly open eye glasses(The leds are placed sideways of the eyes works quiet good) so you could run with these.They actually where made for studiyng but why not running?
    I have these and sometimes use them while painting.
    Maybe that could be the new project for Kasina Glasses if enough people are interested in running while
    playing a session.
    Cheers Esthy

Thread Information