Thread: Proteus Decimal Point documentation

Blog Entries

Default Proteus Decimal Point documentation

We've had several contacts recently regarding the function of the Proteus decimal points; apparently the manual does not reflect some changes made to versions 2.3 and later.

See attached documentation for details.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Blog Entries

Default Re: Proteus Decimal Point documentation

This addendum has been included in the latest Proteus manual.

I am still very confused about the decimal points. If you read the troubleshooting section at the back of the manual and compare to your instructions they are opposite as to bi having decimals on or off. Also it talks about the left decimal. What about the right decimal. It also says to press both bottom and middle buttons to change. When I do that nothing happens. However when I press just the middle button alone it changes.

So Ideally what I would like to know is Left blinking and right blinking at same time, Left blinking and right blinking in alternate fashion, no left or right and what they mean.

Thanks.
    Jay

Hi Jay,

The decimal point documentation that Andy mentions applies to when you are in the 'preview' mode : that is the display is showing "Pxx" or "Uxx'. The description you give makes me think a session is running.

When a session is running the left and right decimal points are used as an "un-pause/pause" indicator. Pressing the middle button while a session is running will toggle between "Pause" and "Run" modes. When paused the left and right dp.s are off. When a session is running the left and right dp.s will be flashing. Whether they flash at the same time or alternately depends on whether the "Synchronization" flag for the segment is set (flash at same time) or cleared (flash alternately). With the Proteus running in the bi-color mode it really doesn't have any meaning beyond indicating the session is not paused. If you are using the mono-chromatic mode (where the light channels are locked to the same frequency) then the display indicates whether the two light channels are flashing at the same time or alternately.

I hope this clarifies things a bit.

Best regards,
    theRock

Talking Re: Proteus Decimal Point documentation

Wow, Not only did you reply pretty fast but you answered my question. Awsome, I can't thank you enough. I was very frustrated yesterday. Now I really understand and was able to swap through all the modes.

May I suggest that you update in tabular form the different decimal options for ease.

Once again, thanks so much.

Jay

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    We've had several contacts recently regarding the function of the Proteus decimal points; apparently the manual does not reflect some changes made to versions 2.3 and later.

See attached documentation for details.
    Thanks, Andy. The latest Proteus manual also includes this information as well as key FAQs and some minor corrections to the previous version; see the Proteus section to download this.

7. Default Re: Proteus Decimal Point documentation

Hello,
    Im still confused about decimal points. I just want to make sure that I am in bicolor mode (i.e Im NOT on monocolor mode).. Currently, when I run a session, and I press the bottom button on the unit, I see something like this (an example):

The middle decimal point (in between 1 and 9) doesn't flash. the points to the left of the middle number 1, and to the right of the 9 flash (either at same time, or alternately--I understand that these decimal points are indicating that at a session is running). Does this mean that I am in bicolor mode? The manual says that in monocolor mode, the left decimal is flashing. Where would this decimal appear on the number above.

Finally, can one disable monocolor mode, by going to Proteus editor, checking the "update default settings" box, unchecking the "allow monocolor mode" box, and then downloading this information to proteus?

Sorry for all these questions, but I just want to make sure that monocolor mode is disabled for my Proteus..

Thank you.

Blog Entries

Look at what the left decimal point is doing when NOT running a session. That is, when the display shows "Uxx" or "Pxx" (where xx is some number).

If in this mode the left decimal place is flashing, then you are in monocolor mode. If it is NOT flashing then, you are in normal bi-color mode.

9. Default Re: Proteus Decimal Point documentation

Hello,

Thanks for replying. When Uxx or Pxx is on the screen (and a session isn't running), no decimal points are present Just to clarify, would you have a flashing left decimal point if in monocolor mode, and there would be no decimal point present, flashing or solid, if in bicolor mode? When my screen displays a Uxx or Pxx, (such as P9) no decimal point is on the screen, flashing or solid.

Please reply. Thanks.
    Last edited by oneironaut; 09-24-2008 at 04:59 AM. Reason: additional info added

Blog Entries

I gotta think that if the left DP is off altogether, it means that the mono-colour mode has not been enabled on the Proteus. See the manual for details on how to enable that mode if you decide you do want the mono-colour mode to be available.

Thread Information