Thread: KIS and KBS File Format

Default KIS and KBS File Format

Hi.. I must of missed something but what is the file types of KBS and KIS? And how to I convert these to play on my Kasina? As it just takes Wav and MP3?

Sorry if this is a dumb question.

Thanks!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Confused about the L#3 Files

Hi Kuroth,
    The KBS is the Kasina's onboard mind machine format. There is a folder in the root of the drive called KBS. There you will find the full set of Sirius sessions (whole new included mind machine!) and it is also a place you can put the KBS L#3 file. The KIS is just a plain clear text file that the editor generates. In that folder is also a PC/Mac editor I designed to make these sessions for yourself.

So, the Kasina is not only a SpectraStrobe player but also a whole other mind machine too..

Best,
    Scott
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Did not realize that Very cool.. Thanks!

And that was the one folder I had not looked in yet.. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by neuroasis View Post
    Hi Kuroth,
    ...you will find the full set of Sirius sessions (whole new included mind machine!) ....
    What are the sirius sessions? Is there a list somewhere of what each one of them is for, or what they are supposed to do, or are they just for entertainment? TIA,

Jerry

Blog Entries

The list is here.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Blog Entries

Default Re: KIS and KBS File Format

Hi Jerry,
    The Sirius was a MindPlace mind machine that has recently been discontinued. On the Kasina we include the full factory content that was on this machine.. as an added bonus.

Scott
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Hello, Jerry--

You can find a list of the included Sirius sessions as a PDF in the KBS/Sirius Sessions folder; just connect your Kasina to your PC via USB, select USB mode, and open either Windows Explorer or Finder to locate the Kasina micro SD, which appears as a drive on both Windows and Mac OSX.

The Sirius was a slightly updated version of our best-selling Orion system, and was the last of our single-color AVS products. We discontinued it because it became too expensive to manufacture and transport. Since the session format it used maps neatly onto the Kasina Basic Session (KBS) format and nicely shows off use of the ColorSets, we decided to re-create the Sirius sessions and include them as a bonus for our customers. Scott did the heavy lifting, using his own KBS Editor software to re-create them. These 'traditional mind machine' sessions also highlight the flexibility and power of the ColorSets, which map those old single-color sessions onto a much broader RGB palette, especially the morphing numbers 11-16.

Enjoy!

Robert

Thanks for the replies! The Sirius sessions are nice too.

Thread Information