Thread: Should I purchase Kasina, Procyon, or Dream Weaver?

Default Should I purchase Kasina, Procyon, or Dream Weaver?

Hello all. I am about to purchase my first "meditation machine." I can find no objective comparison between various models or companies.

I was wondering if any of you have compared the various pros and cons of the Mindplace Kasina and Procyon? My other possibility is a Chopra Dreamweaver.

Which of those three should I buy?

Thanks so much for your help.

Default Re: Should I purchase Kasina, Procyon, or Dream Weaver?

Hi timacn
    I would warmly suggest Kasina.I have both Kasina and Procyon and used some more mindmachines in the past 25 years.Each of them is different but with the Kasina you have somehow several machines in one
    cause you have a lot of possibilities to chose from (Audiostrobe, Spectrastrobe exclusive, Colororgan (You can listen to your favorite music with corored lightflashing synchronised to the beats) ect.) And the handling is very comfortable like an I-pod and with the included sdcard,its easy to add or remove sessions.
    I do not know Chopra Dreamweaver so I can not say anything about it. If I was forced to keep only one of my several Mind-Machines I would choose the Kasina.
    Cheers
    Esthy
    Last edited by Thalassa; 01-16-2014 at 06:28 AM.

Blog Entries

I am not completely objective as I 'work' for MindPlace but..

CraigT although he participates on this forum and is a content creator/guru, also maintains relationships with some of the other mind machine manufacturers....and thus has as much objectivity as you are likely to find.. unless user's with multiple machines speak up...(thanks Thalassa ) CraigT's blog http://craigtavs.wordpress.com/ ... reviews many machines.

Regards,
    Scott
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

The Dreamweaver is a rebranded Microbeat Mini. The Microbeat Mini does what it does very well. If you decide to go this way, please buy the MbM branded version.

However... the MbM is a one-trick pony. If you want a top notch AudioStrobe decoder built into a kind of cool eye set, then MbM is for you.

Procyon and Kasina are all of that and more. Given that the MbM still needs and audio source, i.e. cabled to something, the advantage of the integration is, well, not so much. The Procyon has built in sessions, editable and programmable with a free editor, has a multimode AudioStrobe decoder, offers true 3-color RGB display (when using internal programs or 2 to3 color mapping if using AudioStrobe. The Kasina goes to the next level and adds SpectraStrobe which is true 6-channel light control (2xRGB - left/right independent), MP3 player, color organ for sound-to-light using your own music, and on and on. Right now the Kasina offers more than any other device on the market.

Ultimately it comes down to what features you value. I have an excellent selection of devices and have worked with both MindPlace and Innovex (MbM).

My direct answer - Kasina.

Cheers,
    Craig

Blog Entries

Yeah, I think I'm going to be a little less diplomatic... dude, you are on a MindPlace forum... we worked our tails off for 3 years to deliver the best AVS machine yet created... KASINA!

Scott
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Thread Information