Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Procyon does not automatically switch off.........

1. Default Procyon does not automatically switch off.........

.....at AS mode.

I use it at night but have noticed that the automatic switching off mode does not work. The Procyon just display's 'off'.

Please can someone, possibly the kind Andy, let me know what causes this.

Thank you.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Procyon does not automatically switch off.........

If the display is showing AS_ (with the underscore) it is in a mode where it will not switch off.

Press the Start/Stop button until the display shows AS (without the underscore) and it will switch off automatically after 80 minutes.
    (Page 14 of the Procyon manual)

Let me know if that fixes the problem.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

3. Default Re: Procyon does not automatically switch off.........

Hi Andy.

Please excuse me for replying to you after this long time.

I forgot to mention in my last post. I do actually undo the underscore and the problem still exist.

Another problem that persists, is the volume. I can't seem to figure how to set the Procyon to a tone suitable to my hears without it affecting the lights of the Gazframes. When I turn down my iPod, it just dimmers the Gazframes. But when I try doing this with the Procyon, it just dimmers the lights too. Your help would be as always appreciated Andy.

Best Regards

Blog Entries

Are you using the Procyon with batteries or USB? When powered by USB the Procyon does not auto-off.

When in AS mode, the volume adjustment on the Procyon console sets the sensitivity of the AS decoder. It does not affect the volume of the audio you hear coming in from the Aux jack. So try setting the volume to a comfortable level on your iPod when connected to the Procyon with your headphones connected to the headphone jack on the Procyon, and then adjust the volume control on the Procyon until you get the proper response from the AS decoder. i.e. the lights are flashing as you want them to. Don't forget that the Procyon has an Analog and Digital AS mode, one may work better for you than the other.

For reference, check out the Procyon Key Functions pdf here.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

5. Default Re: Procyon does not automatically switch off.........

Thanks for this Andy, I'll let you know of any progress.

Thanks so much once again,

6. Default Re: Procyon does not automatically switch off.........

Hi Andy. I should have mentioned that I did all of the above from the very start: volume control. Still the Procyon's volume still can't be controlled. My headphone and Ganzefame jack are both inserted in the Procyon plus the jack connection is from my iPod to the Procyon. Still, when I dim the volume control on my iPod, the lights on the Ganzeframe dimmers but the Procyon's volume (which would be on full) just dims as I turn it down. Just can't seem to get a decent medium with sound not affecting the lights of the Ganzframes!!!

Still, my auto switch-off does not work in AS mode: it still continuously blinks 'off' but does not switch off automatically. I also noticed last night the automatic switch off in AS mode now blinks 'off' after just 60 mins of play.

Hope this makes some sense.

Thanks for all your time you've given me Andy.

Blog Entries

You must have very sensitive headphones!
    There's an external audio adjustment shown in the manual, but I can't recall if it functions while in the AS mode.
    Give it a try.
    Press the bottom button on the Procyon while in AS mode and if that function works in that mode, the display should show Ax where x is a number from 0 to 8. 0 is external audio off, while 8 is max external audio volume.

Let us know if that helps.
    -Andy.

Blog Entries

By the way, did you get the auto-off situation sorted out?
    -Andy.

9. Default Re: Procyon does not automatically switch off.........

Hey Andy,

Just thought I'd let you know that the auto-off appears to be faulty. Having observed the function whilst in AS mode; when playing the Brain Machine Audiostrobe cd tracks, both being 31:06 & 29:41 seconds, my Procyon appears to blink 'off' after 25 mins sparodically. I have tried this in both digital and analogue modes (bottom button).
    I purchased my machine from Mindplace via Amazon, but I can't seem to contact them through Amazon.

May have to just order another one!

Blog Entries

You can use the Contact Us link at the bottom of any page here on the forum or MindPlace on Amazon contact page is here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aag/details...#aag_legalInfo
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Thread Information