Thread: Kasina Colororgan for Mulab Questions

Default Kasina Colororgan for Mulab Questions

Hi Craig
    Im sorry to bother you again but for two days now I'm trying to create a simple Colororgan musicfile.
    Finally I managed it sosollala to get a musicfile with lights flashing to the beats , but the brightness of the flashes is to low.(have to put the Kasina brightnessvolume to the highest level to get a satisfying result.)
    What I would like to do is, to first prepare a musicfile syncronizing music with light and then import it to MWS to add the brainwave-entrainment stuff.
    I know you could create a topmusic flashing file in minutes what takes me hour over hours, so I'm pretty frustrated and close to give up......
    Well would it maybe possible that you create a tutorial for "Audioediting-Software Dummies" like me how to use Colororgan in Mulab.???
    Cheers
    Esthy
    Ps:
    (Or is there something similar like Colororgan in planning for MindWorkStation (which would be much easier for me cause I know the program better than mulab)
    Last edited by Thalassa; 01-15-2014 at 02:54 AM.

Default Re: Kasina Colororgan for Mulab Questions

Hi Esthy,

Have you read the little Kasina Light Organ Manual? If so, please let me know exactly where it seems to go off the rails, and if possible a screencap of your MuLab setup (with KLO open). If you don't want to post here, feel free to PM or email me.

Cheers,
    Craig

Hi Craig
    Yes I've read the manual otherwise I woul't even have come that far.I don't know where I can make the volume of the light brighter?(So I do not have to put the Kasina brightness to the highest level.
    Attached Images Attached Images

First, it is intended that the session be set up for maximum brightness with the Kasina set to maximum brightness.

Beyond that, the only obvious thing I can suggest is to back off some of the brightness settings, particularly the Masters - it is possible to overdrive the lights, in which case brightness reduces. Also, what happens if you turn Ref off? With Ref off the Kasina should decode the green channels as AudioStrobe without the same brightness constraints, but subject to audio volume.

Failing that, please Save As the KLO Mux under a different name (Tab button with down-arrow and rectangle) and send it to me so that I can fire it up here - I suspect I can find a bit of 'Floyd.

Also, KLO is a subset of The Kasina Effect (TKE) - the latter being my preferred and most developed/tested tool.

Cheers,
    Craig

It also occurs to me that the audio volume through the Mux can be too high, leaving insufficient headroom for the SS signals - try backing off the volume. If in doubt, stick a Spectrum Analyser in the Master Rack - I use Voxengo SPAN, free from Voxengo and make sure nothing is topping out - at the high end the RGB signals should be -24dB max and the Ref should be -36dB.

I appreciate your efforts - new toys take some testing

Cheers,
    Craig

Thaanks Craig I'll test with the volume tonight.It's good to know that I did not get it generally wrong.I really have some difficulties with mulab cause I do not know the Basics of how it works but maybe I'll learn
    if I have enough patience to stay on it and a little help from you.
    Cheers Esthy

There's a full set of documents and tutorials available on the MuTools site covering MuLab itself - from there it's just a matter of the plugins. There's no doubt that picking up a new piece of software such as MuLab has a learning curve, but it's well worth the effort. If you're more familiar with another DAW and wish to purchase MUX, it will allow you to embed the presets in a standard VST wrapper.

Cheers,
    Craig

Well I found out it was the audiodriver I choose changed it from asio to mme audio and now it fires perfectly even in low Kasina light-volume.
    Wow great it works perfecly fantastic I love your programThanks for sharing it for free!!!!

Esthy
    Last edited by Thalassa; 01-15-2014 at 09:09 PM.

Triple+ awesome! I'll have to remember that one.

Again, thanks for your efforts and it's a pleasure to see you enjoying my "toys".

Cheers,
    Craig

Thread Information