Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kasina Glasses improvement

Default Re: Kasina Glasses improvement

I'm somewhat biased, but I totally agree about MindPlace products. The Procyon was the first device I acquired - I bought it after much consideration of the competitive offerings. I have subsequently acquired a good number of the devices that I didn't choose and some that have arrived on the scene later. I don't regret my original choice and while my Kasina is nearest, I still have a Procyon (and, to be fair, a MBM) within arm's reach.

I also have a Laxman and have observed no problems other than the notoriously fragile nose piece wiring and some quirky power and control operation. It's a shame you've had such a negative experience. Although the Kasina eats it for breakfast in every possible way, most notably value, the Laxman was a worthy offering at the time and I know of many users who have enjoyed spectacular results.

For anything serious I tend to use closed-eye. Open-eye is cool and different, but it's very hard work staying with the session without fatigue. In functional terms, open-eye is pretty much useless below 10Hz - opening eyes is accompanied by increased beta, closing eyes gives an immediate kick into alpha. Open-eye is perfect for short beta and mind-art type sessions and for impressing first-timers.

I'm looking forward to the release of the MindPlace open-eye option. Hopefully the choice between the various options will be made soon - none of ones I've tried would disappoint (don't even ask!).

Cheers,
    Craig

Blog Entries

Craig,
    As always you make excellent points about open eye use. I have a lot of fun with it and it is awesome for that 'wow' feeling I love so much (the adrenaline burst of AVS). But when I start to really tune in and trance out, my eyes close.

Scott
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

3. Default Re: Kasina Glasses improvement

Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    What I meant is that these lamps are made in china not that they are traditional chinese lamps.
    Have a look here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lb1gwIH2BQ4 or http://www.tecxon.com/product_1A.asp...categoryid=155
    I guess I used this ones cause they also came in three its just important that the material is flexible you can push them in and they do not
    break if they fall.
    Here in Switzerland you can buy them in electronic , light or giftshops.
    cheers
    Esthy

I am unable to find where I can buy these exact lights online (the original poster mentioned buying in a giftshop). I went to the link on the picture in the 2nd link as well, www.led-rechargeable-candle.com, and it didn't go anywhere, as well as searching for it on amazon. So, I ended up buying these and am posting the link here in case it saves others from searching for it http://www.amazon.com/Color-Changing...ble-Mood-Lamps .

4. Default Re: Kasina Glasses improvement

Quote Originally Posted by neuroasis View Post
    Craig,
    As always you make excellent points about open eye use. I have a lot of fun with it and it is awesome for that 'wow' feeling I love so much (the adrenaline burst of AVS). But when I start to really tune in and trance out, my eyes close.

Scott
    Hi Scott,

It's now late September. You mentioned the prototype Ganzframes about 9 months ago. Are we any closer to a released product?

John

Hi, John. Thanks for your interest in the coming eyes-open ganzwear! We're currently tweaking the tooling for this project, and expect to release versions for both Kasina and Procyon once we've completed this pre-production process. Stay tuned!

-Robert

6. Default Re: Kasina Glasses improvement

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Austin View Post
    Hi, John. Thanks for your interest in the coming eyes-open ganzwear! We're currently tweaking the tooling for this project, and expect to release versions for both Kasina and Procyon once we've completed this pre-production process. Stay tuned!

-Robert
    Excellent!

Will the open eye Ganzframes for Kasina and Procyon still be available this year before xmas?

Matt

Blog Entries

There is a lot of activity and resources being invested in this project with finalizing mainly the materials at this point. We want to get the glasses out ASAP. However, not so much that we would sacrifice the functionality or quality. In our manufacturing arrangements the holiday season becomes a very busy time so we do hope to fit within that window.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

If you go to Amazon, and search for "light diffuser sheets" you'll find sheets of material specifically made for the purpose of diffusing light from point sources like LEDs. Granted, these are for covering lights used in photography, but the are very heat resistant, so pose less risk of melting. Anyway, just another idea.

Thread Information