Thread: Procyon Rev1/2 Ganzframe Adaptors

Red face Procyon Rev1/2 Ganzframe Adaptors

I don't know if this would be of any help, but for those that have earlier units of the Procyon that have the proprietary square connector, MindPlace previously sold an adapter to connect to the current stereo plug Ganzframes.

1) Would that allow the older units to use the 12-LED glasses, for those that already have the adapter?
    2) If the adapters would work, are they still available or able to be made/ordered for users who do not already have them?

This should be the link to the old Forum thread: http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...frame-Adapters

If an adapter would not be a viable option, users might want to inquire whether MindPlace would offer an upgrade discount to purchase the newer model Procyon that has the stereo plug. It might be a worthwhile investment to upgrade their units, so that any of the currently (and soon to be) available Ganzframes can be used with it.

Blog Entries

Default Re: 12 LED Ganzframes for the Procyon

Good point. I think Andy hand made these? If we could get pre-order commitments then maybe... up to him. It would be a wise investment for those with square connectors because then they could use splitters and single color frames too.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Default Re: 12 LED Ganzframes for the Procyon

Personally I think it would be more worthwhile to see if they'll offer a good price break on an updated model. I bought the adapter before they changed the connectors, and although it did work, my old unit's connector was so finicky, that I had to jiggle the plug to get the signal going to my frames. I think that the proprietary connector was more easily damaged (or something along those lines), which may have been part of the reason they made the newer models revert back to the stereo connectors like the Sirius and Proteus already used. I don't remember how much I paid back then to upgrade/exchange the model, but to me it was so worth the cost to get the newer model with the stereo plug Ganzframes. It might not be for everyone, especially for someone who is a more skilled DIY-er, but both would be options that MindPlace could consider offering to its loyal fan base so they don't feel left out when the new glasses arrive.
    Last edited by Bambilina; 01-03-2014 at 03:51 PM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Procyon Rev1/2 Ganzframe Adaptors

The connectors were changed from the rectangular ones as they proved to be unreliable if handled roughly. The new round TRRS connectors are more durable.

I'm not going to be making any more adapters for the older Procyons, but you do have 2 options:

1. For DIY types - Purchase the raw connector and wire up your own adapter or use that connector to replace the connector on the 12LED Ganzframes.
    2. Purchase an upgrade replacement to the "Rev 4" Procyon System which includes the 12LED Ganzframes. There is a special deal for customers who own a Rev 1 or Rev 2 Procyon and would like to upgrade.

Contact me for details.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Procyon Rev1/2 Ganzframe Adaptors

Ha, Andy, I don't blame you working with those micro wires is a pain in the butt! And with the crazy small connector too...
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Thread Information