Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kasina Firmware Update 1.03 - January 2014

Blog Entries

Post Kasina Firmware Update 1.03 - January 2014

New Kasina Firmware FW1.03 is now approved and posted. This corrects a problem where pops and clicks were sometimes heard when playing audio via USB.

Firmware & Instructions: http://mindplacesupport.com/kasina-support
    Last edited by Andy; 02-27-2014 at 11:10 AM. Reason: fix Links
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

2. Default Re: Kasina Firmware Update 1.03 - January 2014

Thank you for the firmware update and the tutorial pictures and walkthrough it worked great using win zip to extract the file.very helpful.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Kasina Firmware Update 1.03 - January 2014

No problem, Psymatic. Since you have been using USB Audio more than any other reported user so far, please share your results after trying out the firmware.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

4. Default Re: Kasina Firmware Update 1.03 - January 2014

Hello, I know now that I must upgrade to 1.03. I have downloaded the file. How do I u[load it to my Kasina?

Blog Entries

How do I u[load it to my Kasina?
    The install instructions are in the first post and also on the download page.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

6. Default Re: Kasina Firmware Update 1.03 - January 2014

Ecapone be sure to use win zip or recomended program to extract the down loaded file ,the instructions are helpful and clear.
    Thank you again mind place for the FW update everythings is sounding and working great! I am trying to save up for mind workstation. Having fun with TKE in MUX in the meantime.

7. Default Re: Kasina Firmware Update 1.03 - January 2014

Andy, I am attempting to upgrade the firmware on my Kasina. When I follow the instructions for Windows, the Kasina doesn't behave as the instructions would suggest. I hold the center button down and when I power-on, the Kasina screen is the 4-panel screen it usually boots to. When I remove my finger from the power button it goes to a 2-line display that says things like Mode AS on one line then ColorSet 16:RanFJ on the second. If I go down using the wheel the Colorset changes. I never see a screen that looks like tghe one in the instructions.

John

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mosspa View Post
    Andy, I am attempting to upgrade the firmware on my Kasina. When I follow the instructions for Windows, the Kasina doesn't behave as the instructions would suggest. I hold the center button down and when I power-on, the Kasina screen is the 4-panel screen it usually boots to. When I remove my finger from the power button it goes to a 2-line display that says things like Mode AS on one line then ColorSet 16:RanFJ on the second. If I go down using the wheel the Colorset changes. I never see a screen that looks like tghe one in the instructions.

John
    Do you have it connected to a PC with the USB cable?
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

9. Default Re: Kasina Firmware Update 1.03 - January 2014

No, but it doesn't specifically instruct you to do so. I'm away from the Kasina now but, just so I have this straight, I make the USB connection with the computer first then turn on the Kasina?

Thanks, Andy

Blog Entries

Hello, I have updated the instructions earlier today to include the fact to first plug in the USB cable. It hasn't made it to the PDF on the support site yet but here is the link: http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...are-on-Windows

Thread Information