Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Frequencies used in Sessions

1. Default Frequencies used in Sessions

Scott,

Ref MWS, can we load existing sessions, whether SpectraStrobe or AudioStrobe, and see the internal frequencies being used? Sort of reverse engineering, you could say. Or are sessions compiled and not accessible/editable?

Thanks.
    Last edited by RichardHK; 12-23-2013 at 02:42 AM. Reason: Clarification
    Richard, Hong Kong
    richardhk dot com
    ------------------------

Blog Entries

Default Re: Kasina & MindWorkstation questions...

Hi Richard,
    You wouldn't be able to see the frequencies in software apps once they are mixed down as they are audio. Spectral Analysis would show the light tracks but that is of limited use. The KBS sessions can be loaded and the frequencies shown and altered.

To produce the factory tracks I used several pieces of software and hardly ever just MWS. And when I did use MWS, I would use multiple sessions (to organize the complex patterns) then mix them together as audio.

More information on these techniques is forthcoming.

Scott
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Hi Richard,

Like Scott, I use some rather diverse techniques with conventional beats being only one element. I will certainly discuss techniques, but not the actual session builds.

I'll be happy to provide frequency charts for the "functional" sessions that I wrote, the ones that have names that describe their purpose. You will find a couple already in this thread. Will that be a help or is the complex material that you're more interested in?

Cheers,
    Craig

Blog Entries

Also, just to be clear.. I'm not trying to be evasive or obtuse in any way. It is just that the techniques require a great deal of background knowledge and explanation. They don't lend themselves well to short answers besides what I given. Multimedia training is in development.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

5. Default Re: Kasina & MindWorkstation questions...

Transparent is conducting a series of webinars concerning MWS and brainwave entrainment. The next one in Feb will be focusing on BWE and hypnosis. Most likely in a subsequent webinar, they will include instruction on Spectrastrobe session construction.

6. Default Re: Kasina & MindWorkstation questions...

Hi Scott, Craig,

Ref frequencies of interest I am certainly not looking for the inner workings/design of sessions. That's your intellectual property of course. And I realized after writing my message that the SpectraStrobe sessions are MP3 so not at all accessible for much! Silly me.

To clarify, what I am looking for is what many sessions in the manual have, but others do not: A brief outline of frequencies visited/used. For example, 'Everglade' in the Meditate category mentions 'low to mid range light frequencies', but all others in category are more specific, like 'Forest and River''s '...start at 14 Hz and end at 4 Hz.' Would like the latter information. Particularly for the 'Night Voyage' category where Dream, Rest, and Soliton do not have this info. Other categories would be useful too, but focused on these for now.

Would be happy to receive any such info, on any sessions, to better understand what is happening. I find myself being diverted while listening to some sessions as my mind is asking itself 'what frequency is this now, I wonder?'!

Hope that helps clarify.
    Wishing you a great Christmas and New Year.
    Richard, Hong Kong
    richardhk dot com
    ------------------------

7. Default Re: Kasina & MindWorkstation questions...

Quote Originally Posted by brewmasher View Post
    Transparent is conducting a series of webinars concerning MWS and brainwave entrainment. The next one in Feb will be focusing on BWE and hypnosis. Most likely in a subsequent webinar, they will include instruction on Spectrastrobe session construction.
    Thanks brewmasher.

I will look out for these and hopefully attend. I am UT+8 hrs so if timing is bad, will there be recordings available after event?

Best regards.
    Last edited by RichardHK; 12-27-2013 at 09:13 PM. Reason: typo fixed
    Richard, Hong Kong
    richardhk dot com
    ------------------------

Blog Entries

Hi Richard,
    Very valid questions.

I certainly understand people's need to quantify.. Heck, as an industry we have trained people to think in these terms for years and years.. This frequency does this and that frequency does that. However at the same time, people see professionally designed sessions and say, how do I get those light patterns? The things I program don't look like that.. Well, it is because we have studied ways of creating 'cumulative' effects... dancing around frequencies, using ramps, interference and sidebands, pushing the tech that we have at the moment to create interest and beauty.

That is one of the reasons I am involved with MindPlace as a company. The great people here have an 'artistic' side as well as a technical side. Some other manufacturers are 'protocol' producers and that is fine and needed. Also, the laws of their particular country are more flexible in purposes, intent, and claims. I am not at all downplaying that but it belongs a bit more in a clinical setting or adapted to the individual rather than mass produced. That is not to say that we won't release protocol sessions and there aren't already some on the Kasina. When they are simple then you can tell.

You have other MindPlace machines I believe. Each machine pushes it as far as it can in the session design. When the Procyon frequencies were compiled and published (far after release and upon request), they didn't really have the meaning that the list would seem to suggest. Because the programming was focused on the interaction of the frequencies among the LEDs. A strong technique at use in the Procyon sessions was very small frequency offsets creating shifting phase changes. While there was an overriding frequency at play at a given time, the small offsets were weaving the patterns and geometry produced.

There is a good example that is now able to be studied with the Sirius sessions. The Sirius used a mixture of 'synchronized' and 'alternating' light delivery in the same session. The frequency would ramp up to a certain point and then 'subdivide' into an alternating pattern. This had a visual effect component and an entrainment 'harmonic' element. But at the end assessment it is just more interesting in the context of the session.

More on my strategy for session design here.. http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...0131#post10131

So anyway to your question...

Everglade is based on 8hz as the core frequency... so that would include 4, 2, maybe a splash of 16.. This is the background wash... The strongest elements of Everglade are driven by the lead Santoor track being tracked as midi. I spread each LED mapped to a range of midi notes driven by a sampler. So as the improvisation played back, the colors generated from the notes are modulated in an effects chain. Each time a midi note fires a color is generated based on that note and then 'shimmered'.. so low to mid frequencies... meaning borderline alpha... is accurate.

Once again, it is not at all unexpected that a sophisticated user would want to know what this frequency is or that frequency... but it is like looking into a babbling brook. What speed is it? Slow and clear... or fast and foamy... but alive, flowing, intricate, evolving... when we are orbiting the artistic areas, deconstruction can be more of a rationalization than a realization.

I like that people are asking questions, it shows they are engaged and intrigued... and our users are smart people. Simple answers probably won't satisfy.

So much more to say...

Scott

Hi Richard,

Here are the frequency sequences for a couple of sessions - Dream and Rest (these are the only ones of mine you've mentioned). These are among a number of sessions which are pretty much strictly "functional" - they do what their name implies and they are based pretty much on the "this frequency does this and another does that" principle. Undoubtedly there are frills and tricks of my own, but they are pretty fundamental sessions.

Beyond frequency dependence, I have spent any number of hours researching and experimenting to find wave forms and wave interactions that cause me (and others) to "feel something different" in the mind. Often it is not so much the intent of the session that will bring about results, but the intent of the user. Almost any of my alpha/theta type sessions have the potential to assist with any of the popular altered-states - the beat is in the zone and there's a whole lot of stuff going on to keep the brain from (a) becoming distracted and drifting off task and (b) to ensure that there is sufficient complexity to prevent the "brain dead" effect of tedium. One of my favorite inclusions is long-cycle variation, ensuring that even if a segment sounds somewhat the same as a previous one, it isn't.

All of my sessions place psychoactive effect above aesthetics - liking the content is not a prerequisite to it working, in fact it can be quite the contrary. For anything below beta, critical judgement should not be active anyway. That said, it's really nice to lay back and cruise to a pleasant piece (occasionally - that's really not me).

Scott and I have developed our techniques pretty much independently - our material is spectacularly different and our ways of naming or describing techniques differs. We have, however, come to a very similar understanding of the nature of AVS - nothing about it (brain/AVS) is as simple as one might hope, everything is open to discussion and experimentation.

Enjoy!

Cheers,
    Craig

Dream-Sequence-Cap.jpg

Rest-Sequence-Cap.jpg

10. Default Re: Kasina & MindWorkstation questions...

Quote Originally Posted by RichardHK View Post
    Thanks brewmaster.

I will look out for these and hopefully attend. I am UT+8 hrs so if timing is bad, will there be recordings available after event?

Best regards.
    Yes, the recordings will be available after the live event.

Thread Information