Thread: BioMarkers

Blog Entries

Lightbulb BioMarkers

Attached is the Mind Workstation session file for the factory session BioMarkers. You can edit it to a breathing pace/ heart rate that is comfortable for you. You could also lengthen the duration of the session or join with another session for a more 'integrated' experience.

Biomarkers also demonstrates very basic SpectraStrobe programming by Color channels and using Mind Workstation noise and tone tracks in unconventional ways to mimic breathing and heartbeat. Notice also how low the volume of red is in comparison to the other colors. This demonstrates basic color mixing principles for closed eye use.

Enjoy,
    Scott
    Attached Files Attached Files
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Default Re: BioMarkers

Thank you for the file, Scott.

Since I am familiar with the HeartMath coherence method, I believe it made the idea behind the session easier to understand. I am just starting to learn Mind Workstation, tinkered around with the settings to figure out how the session was constructed, but I'm still getting hung up on how to control the rate of the light flashing for the individual channels. It seems that it is controlled by whatever the entrainment frequency is (I notice a link between the default "Entrainment," "Noise Entrainment," and the Green SpectraStrobe tracks), however, I do not see the linked entrainment tracks ("Heartbeat" and "Breath") for the Red and Blue Channels for editing. Am I missing something?

Blog Entries

Mind Workstation devotes most of its screen space to a 'visual' editor. It is divided into 2 panes. The Entrainment tracks (in this session there are 3 of these) and the Content tracks (6 of these).

This of it like a graph that you add 'points' to. In the Entrainment tracks, the vertical Y axis is how fast the Entrainment is. The horizontal X axis is the time of the 'points'.

When you hover your mouse over one of the content tracks, a little orange lock appears on the Entrainment track that the content is linked to.

Hover over each one and you will see that. Remember Red is heart beat. Green is entrainment. Blue is Breath.

Noise Entrainment is the pulsing sound linked to the Entrainment track (Track 1)

Noise Breath is the breath sound linked to the Breath track (Track 2)

When you link tracks together, then the speed of the Entrainment track (Y axis) controls the speed of modulation of the linked Content tracks along the Timeline.

Make sense?
    Last edited by neuroasis; 12-28-2013 at 07:17 PM.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

I had most of that already figured out. I was just hung up on trying to figure out where the Breath and Heartbeat entrainment tracks were, as they were hidden from view (and clicking the double arrow that collapses/expands the view did not reveal them), and the program is VERY new to me. I've spent most of my time systematically going through the Help Files trying to learn the software. Thank you for the illustrations; they pointed me in the right direction to find them. Now that I can see all three tracks, it makes complete sense.

Blog Entries

Ah I see when MWS opened the session it collapsed the Entrainment panel down to show only one track. Is that what you were seeing?

Exactly. But now I got it, thanks.

Blog Entries

That would be confusing... bad behavior on MWS's part.

So for other users: There are 3 Entrainment tracks in the BioMarkers session but they may be hidden upon launching the session. (showing only one) Drag the panel divider downward to reveal the other tracks.

Thank you Scott. It's very invormative to see how these professionel Sessions are createt.
    Thaanks for making it available !!
    Wish You a very creative and joyful New Year
    Cheers Esthy

Thread Information