Thread: Kasina & MindWorkstation questions...

1. Default Kasina & MindWorkstation questions...

Hey everyone, I've received the Kasina a week or so ago and love it!! What I am not sure about is how to use it with MindWorkstation PRO? I remember seeing somewhere the "play on Kasina" or something like that.. was it Scott's video, can't find it now.

Is there any guide on how to set this up? I have bought the Kasina from your EU dealer and despite asking if I would receive English language guide and was confirmed to get it, I've got the German one which does not help at all, don't understand or speak German.

Anyway, I have connected the audio cable from the headphones out on my PC, to the AUX in on the Kasina, have chosen AUX on Kasina and loaded a sample audiostrobe session on the MindWorkstation PRO. When I hit play, the audio is played in the Kasina headphones, but the glasses do not work.

Since Kasina is an audiostrobe decoder too, should I run the Audiostrobe setup first on the MWS, after connecting the Kasina and MWS PRO? I have tried that, but it does not detect the glasses, no strobe lights, so cannot proceed with that.. all other settings are correct, all cables etc.. everything correct.

Btw, the last version of MWS is 1.5.1.0 ... is that correct? I have checked for updates.. says this is the last version, so not sure where I am doing it wrong? Can't wait to try it with the Emotiv EPOC/EEG too..
    I've got Sirius, Procyon and a few others... but the Kasina is my favourite one right now!!

Thank you guys for all your work and support!!
    Last edited by nobrainer; 12-21-2013 at 10:05 AM. Reason: a few typos..

Blog Entries

Default Re: Kasina & MindWorkstation questions...

Hi there nobrainer,
    I'm glad to help you to sort a few things out. First while I type out the other things, so you can get started immediately, let me point you to the English Kasina manual here.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

3. Default Re: Kasina & MindWorkstation questions...

Hey Scott,

Thanks for the ENG manual, much appreciated.

Also, I've just figured it out I needed to connect the PC and Kasina via USB too, selected USB on Kasina and now it's all working correctly I think. My bad, should really take more time to read everything etc before posting here, sorry guys.

Blog Entries

To answer your Mind Workstation questions...

The Kasina is quite a bit easier to use with a computer than our other machines as it no longer requires an AUX cable. The Kasina acts as a USB Audio device that becomes available on your PC when you select USB from the Kasina menu screen. The audio device is called Kasina AVS and will be listed among your sound devices. You can play any system audio through it from Windows Media Player, iTunes, web audio.. etc. Anything the PC can generate.

The other thing that mounts on your computer is the Kasina SD Card... called Kasina SD. It acts as a mounted drive and lets you copy audio files or KBS sessions to the Kasina.

Ok, so as far as Mind Workstation goes it has been made automatic for the most part. When you hook up the Kasina with a USB cable and select the USB icon on the menu, if Mind Workstation is open it then 2 new icons in the top toolbar will show up... Play on Kasina and Upload to Kasina... You shouldn't have to do anything else but mount the Kasina by USB.

You are correct on 1.5.1.0 being the newest version of MWS available.

Once Kasina is recognized by MWS, you still want to run the AudioStrobe configuration to use AS for best results. SS has no need for any configuration.

I think the issue you are having is that you are using the AUX in the old way.. which btw should still work.. but there are some settings in the Settings screen for levels and such that might have an impact. But USB is far easier.

Let me know if you get things running..

Scott
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

5. Default Re: Kasina & MindWorkstation questions...

Hi Scott,

I've followed your instructions, won't be using AUX since there's USB, better way to do it yes.

Everything is working great now, thank you very much.

Blog Entries

Hello nobrainer,
    Very glad that you have gotten it to work. Connection by USB is much easier as you have found and also higher quality. Let us know your experience with using MWS and any questions or suggestions you might have.

For future reference for others here is an article on connecting your Kasina for use with Mind Workstation http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...nd-Workstation

Regards,
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by nobrainer View Post
    Is there any guide on how to set this up? I have bought the Kasina from your EU dealer and despite asking if I would receive English language guide and was confirmed to get it, I've got the German one which does not help at all, don't understand or speak German.
    Hi nobrainer,

actually you should have gotten both language versions of the Kasina Manual: The German manual had been packed outside of the Kasina box, while you should have found the English manual inside of the Kasina box. We generally do not exclude the English manual, but simply add a German manual in Addition to the English one.
    However - the Kasina manual does not explain how to use the AudioStrobe or SpectraStrobe feature of the Mind WorkStation with the Kasina. Information how to use AudioStrobe or SpectraStrobe with the Mind WorkStation can be found in the help section of MWS ... and you can also find some helpful tutorials (most of them written by neuroasis) here on the MindPlaceSupport page.

Thread Information