Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Soundcloud.com/kasina Files

1. Default Soundcloud.com/kasina Files

Hi all,

Just got my new Kasina yesterday, and now fully charged for use. Will get back later on other things but some quick queries now on the soundcloud files:

Q1: Given the age of most files, am I right to say they are all AudioStrobe format?

Q2: Will you be adding new SpectrsStrobe sessions here? Or another location?

Q3: If you do add SS files, and those there already are AS, can you add some info to tell future downloaders which is which?

Q4: Last one! Can we/how can we tell if a file is SS or AS from our PC Windows Explorer?

Thanks for an amazing machine. I can ow go through all my old AudioStrobe music without strangling myself with wires.

Richard, Hong Kong
    richardhk dot com
    ------------------------

Blog Entries

Default Re: Soundcloud.com/kasina Files

Hi Richard,
    Congratulations on your Kasina purchase. Let us know your impressions of it.

You are correct that the SoundCloud files are all AudioStrobe. Eventually we will add more SS files to SoundCloud but being that there are so many on the Kasina sd already we would like to get a sense of how people like those.

You can tell the encoding of the file (SS or AS) in Explorer by choosing the Kasina AVS as your sound device in Windows and playing the mp3 through the Kasina. The display on the Kasina will indicate whether it is SS or AS encoding.

I think you will find that the Kasina will add new life your AudioStrobe collection with the ColorSets.

Enjoy,
    Scotto
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

3. Default Re: Soundcloud.com/kasina Files

Hi Scotto,

Many thanks for your quick and complete response. Yes, I will certainly document my impressions here.

I organized all my AudioStrobe pieces into CD folders on the Kasina sd card earlier today and it works great. Now to re-experience my favorites in multi colors! Wonderful.

Best regards to you and all.
    Richard, Hong Kong
    richardhk dot com
    ------------------------

Hi Richard,

Welcome to the Kasina crowd!

All of my tracks are already SS encoded and will be uploaded over the next little while. There is an SS encoded set of the AudioStrobe tracks on the Kasina. Good luck on the AS/SS track identification - I slap an "SS" into the file name of any SpectraStrobe material I acquire/create - Kasina doesn't care - it works it out just fine.

There are also a number of my particularly brain-bending (they are not what you're used to!) sessions, some created with MuLab, yet to be posted.

Cheers,
    Craig

5. Default Re: Soundcloud.com/kasina Files

Hi Craig,

Thanks for your message. Much appreciated.

One query: Which are the SS encoded AudioStrobe tracks on the Kasina? Are they mixed up with SS sessions and thus 'hiding' in there along with true SS sessions?

I have the two AudioStrobe compilation CDs from MindPlace and see mp3 samples inside the AudioStrobe folder. Assume these are original AS format only.

Look forward to experiencing your work - especially those brain-bending ones! Thanks for your strong support over the years. I was active here some years ago (time really flies), got sidetracked, but now back thanks to the Kasina.

Very best regards.
    Richard, Hong Kong
    richardhk dot com
    ------------------------

Hello, Richard! We'll soon be adding a Kasina group to our Soundcloud account, and uploading a variety of SS sessions, so stay tuned...

-Robert

Hi Richard,

None of the SS encoded AS sampler tracks are out yet - As Robert says, stay tuned. They were prepared using yet another SS encoding technique - using Audacity to pitch-shift selected frequency bands into the SS control frequencies.

I have many things in mind for the Kasina that depend on initial impressions and getting an idea of what people are using their Kasina for - and always interested in exploring something new.

Cheers,
    Craig

8. Default Re: Soundcloud.com/kasina Files

Hi Robert and Craig,

Staying tuned alright! And plenty to be on with for time being thanks to having all my AS tracks loaded onto Kasina. Interested to see how Requiem moves me using the Kasina.

Good idea to keep SS and AS clearly separate on Soundcloud and elsewhere to avoid confusing mere mortals like me.

Better get my NP3 upgraded to MWS too by the look of it and get exploring. What a wonderful new world you guys have created.

Robert: One suggestion for Soundcloud files. There are a number of different categories there at present, that do not sync with Kasina manual categories. Have Meditate on Kasina, then Ambient Meditation and Meditative on Soundcloud, for example.

Certainly good to add new categories if content well differentiated - Craig's future 'mind-benders' may be much more than Mind Art perhaps? If further categorization makes better sense at your end, at least Kasina handles it easily enough. Just a thought for your consideration.
    Last edited by RichardHK; 12-18-2013 at 08:34 PM.
    Richard, Hong Kong
    richardhk dot com
    ------------------------

9. Default Re: Soundcloud.com/kasina Files

My only minor frustration so far with the Kasina has been the tease that it will play an AS MP3 track straight off the mSDcard but it won't play a folder - so I have no option to play a complete AS album and relax into the experience for an hour- my machine stops after playing a single track . One of the first things I did was to move my entire AS CD collection onto the machine .
    Last edited by synaesthesia; 12-19-2013 at 09:46 AM.

Blog Entries

It will play a folder although this might not have made it into the documentation as it was a late edition to the firmware. Navigate to your folder then hit the right arrow to begin playback (with countdown if set) and all of the files in the folder will play one after the other in the order of the list.. We will use this feature a great deal in upcoming audio releases.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Thread Information