Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Update requests

Blog Entries

Default Re: Update requests

Understood. I don't believe that will be possible, since the signals for the lights are embedded in the music, and I'm pretty sure the music player does not have the capability to play 2 tracks simultaneously.
    However, I believe that there may be the ability in the future to allow music to play along with KBS sessions.

I think a better solution is what you hinted to, creating your own MWS sessions, using whatever music you like.
    Scott or Craig will have to chime in on whether they think that the raw MWS files will be offered at some time.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

2. Default Re: Update requests

It would be cool if you could connect the kasina to a dmx light decoder ,so you could entrain large groups of people,awesome light shows for concerts!

Blog Entries

You can do live light shows pretty easily with SpectraStrobe and a sequencer (with the caveat of having an LED array). Internally, I have a SpectraStrobe sampler for this purpose. I will release a version sometime soon. MuLab can be adapted to it too.
    Last edited by neuroasis; 12-19-2013 at 09:07 PM.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Unless something has changed since I last looked, DMX is too slow for AVS and synchronization of events can't be guaranteed to the phase-angle precision used to create many of the entrainment and other stimulus effects. With the Kasina there's no reason to add DMX to the mix - just add power drivers to the output and go from there - you may find this interesting... http://www.mind-shop.de/mindmachinez...ocyon-319.html - I believe this also works with the Kasina. You will also find circuit and PCB details for a Procyon high power LED driver here.

I have no plans to make the raw MWS, MuLab or Audacity files for my sessions available. As required I may write special sessions to illustrate points.

Cheers,
    Craig
    Last edited by Andy; 12-20-2013 at 04:46 AM. Reason: Add Link

Blog Entries

Yeah, you would want a high power LED array being driven by the Kasina.. there have been tests with these mostly on Procyon and some solutions are available (though expensive) and surely more will appear. I have a small array and it works great with Procyon and somewhat with the Kasina although not all channels. I'll film it sometime.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

6. Default Re: Update requests

Cool i have connected a led light strip amplifier to the kasina with a trrs cable it works with audiostrobe but not spectrastrobe it matches a few of the color sets , but sense i am using RGB led strips it does not match up all the color sets. I plan on building an array with a light strip with each color. How do you get the light array to work in spectra stobe mode? The cirquets on the glasses look sorta complicated to split into a left and right chanel. You guys make mind place an awesome company,thank you!

Blog Entries

That's odd. The TRRS cable that you have, is it a cable intended for a smartphone or iOS device? Most of the ones you find retail are.. They are for a mic and a headset. The TRRS cables that I have that work for the Procyon do show AS and SS. Although the LED array and eye open protos that I have are not wired to split the channels. (they are Procyon protos) But all colors do fire. I would say it is cable or led strip input that is the issue more so than it being SS or AS.

You guys make mind place an awesome company,thank you!
    Thanks, we are just like you... tweakers, geeks and experimenters. We love it when people take an interest and try to push the envelope into new areas.

Blog Entries

I have a few RGB led strips laying around too. I will create a circuit on my breadboard and see if I can get them to fire. I wanted to do this anyway to run some of my Christmas lights with the Kasina!

Blog Entries

My guess is that the polarity is opposite for left and right, to allow for 6 signals (R+,G+,B+ and R-,G-,B-) Haven't verified that, though...
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

10. Default Re: Update requests

When will the open eyed ganzfield light frames be available for the kasina ? I think there would be a lot of interest in them!

Thread Information