Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Kasina Effect for MUX ?

1. Default Re: The Kasina Effect for MUX ?

I am mixing down into wavs then converting to mp3 then transfering to the kasina, can the kasina play wav files?

Blog Entries

Default Re: The Kasina Effect for MUX ?

Yes, Kasina can play wav. If compressing to mp3 use 320kbps CBR compression and preferably a LAME based encoder. Audacity has a LAME implementation. Mp3 is notorious for cutting out the highest frequencies (or corrupting them) in compression. All of the control signals are in the upper bands 19khz and above.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

3. Default Re: The Kasina Effect for MUX ?

Thank you Neuroasis for your help,i am really enjoying the kasina.

Blog Entries

No problem Psymatic. Once you get the 'tool chain' down it is really a lot of fun.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

5. Default Re: The Kasina Effect for MUX ?

I put the wav file on the kasina in the spectrastrobe folder and it still plays back in AS. Do i need to install it in a different location on the kasina? In mulab i have been using the mixdown audio then transfering the wav file. Thank you for your patience there is a bit of a learning curve for me.

If you ever want to check whether the SS signals are intact out of MuLab (or in any WAV/MP3 file), download the free Voxengo SPAN spectrum analyzer VST and place it in the last slot of the Master Rack. Zoom in at the very right hand end of the spectrum - you should find a constant bump at 18.2kHz which defines SpectraStrobe and 3 other humps, 18.7, 19.2, 19.7kHz that bounce up and down to the lights.

Cheers,
    Craig

Blog Entries

You don't have to put it in special location on the Kasina. In fact, the only folder that has a special purpose is the KASINA folder with the kasina.sd text file. That is so that my software and MWS can find the SD card when mounted.

The other folders are just convenient groupings.

I would still say that somehow the reference signal is not being written to the output. If you are getting any flashing lights at all (and you don't have really high frequencies in the audio you are using.. hihats for instance) then you are writing the control signals but something is up with the reference signal is my guess.

8. Default Re: The Kasina Effect for MUX ?

I got everything transfered and working great thank you for all the help and support.
    Can the kasina play 32 bit wav files? The 16 bit files are working great.

9. Default Re: The Kasina Effect for MUX ?

I have been enjoying TKE for MUX ,ihave been using it in FL studio11 as a vst plugin the only issue is i can hear the high pitch sound of the wave file . I have tried to mute TKE in the mixer but then the light frames stop working . I have been able to reduce the noise by reducing the light intensity as well . Can i mute the wave sound and still recieve a live feed on the kasina? Thank you again.

Hi,

Although there are compressors within TKE to keep the SS signals within the -24dB limit, they had to be sufficiently soft to allow full brightness on each channel - it is still possible to push combined signals above -24dB, in which case the tones are going to be audible to those with younger ears than mine. When such issues arise I recommend loading your spectrum analyzer of choice (I mainly use Voxengo SPAN) as the final device before output, checking the levels up the top end and adjusting as necessary.

TKE-Compressor.PNG

Feel free to adjust the settings of the compressors - they are labelled as such in the Deep Editor, two per color plus one master.

Cheers,
    Craig

Thread Information