Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Kasina Effect for MUX ?

1. Default The Kasina Effect for MUX ?

Thank you Craig for creating such an amazing powerful tool for the kasina!
    i got a wav file of my music loaded into a track and TKE loaded up and running audio and lights out of the kasina. The issue is the kasina is stuck in audio strobe mode, the reference toggle is on and i am running only one TKE. I am trying to get the kasina in spectra strobe mode. The lights are reacting to the music on the wave but it seems i dont have full control of them. I have turned off all the flash bright toggles. Can i leave the isochronic tones off? Also if i buy MUX can i run it as a vst in another DAW such as FL studio11 without buying a key for MuLab? I aprecciate any help and look foward to enjoying TKE with the kasina.

Blog Entries

Default Re: The Kasina Effect for MUX ?

It sounds like the Reference track is not on? I sometimes have to toggle it. The Kasina must have the reference track to enter SS mode. This is commonly the problem. Try to toggle it on and off while watching the Kasina display. It should switch after a moment. If this doesn't work check that the link to the wav is correct in the deep editor. Craig will help with this.

You can leave the tones off. Yes, you can run the MUX VST without MuLab... there is a discount for the two though.

So happy that you are digging into this... love to see and hear your results! You sound like you are well on your way. Points for you...
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Okay, if everything else is in place, play a MIDI C3 - unfortunately the Ref sample player doesn't always kick off at first - still on the "wonder why?" list.

There are two flash controls needing brightness set - there is the "Flash", which is generated by TKE, and there is the Audio Brightness which is the extent of the audio control. There is an overall total of -24db per color channel, hence too many channels set too bright will result in overloading - there are compressors that will cause "too much" to be limited to "full on". That, I suspect, is what's going on.

Every knob on every preset invites experimentation. Leave off whatever, audio, audio beat, light flash, audio flash - add another TKE (with Ref off) and add another set of colors and audio bands!

MUX provides all the functionality to create Mux devices like mine and to envelope them as VSTs for use in Mac or PC DAWs. MuLab just adds the recording, composition and playback environment (and a very nice one if I must insist!).

Above all else... have fun!

Cheers,
    Craig

4. Default Re: The Kasina Effect for MUX ?

Thank you Craig and Neuroasis for your help , the kasina enters spectra strobe mode for around 15 seconds after i reset the audio engine to mme and kasina for sound . I also tried c3 note. Do i have to play c3 the whole time for ss mode to work? It keeps switching back to audio strobe mode when the buzz sounds in MuLab free edition. Was wondering the link to the wav in the deep editor should be set at? When the kasina is in spectra strobe mode everything seems to be working great! I am really excited to be able to control so many parameters precisley in live mode. Has Craig programed any of the sessions that came with the Kasina? Are all the sessions created in mind work station? Grateful for all the help and support,thank you!

Do you have the separate WAV file (TKE.wav) in the same folder as the preset (.mux)? If not, you might have to open the loop player in the deep editor and reload the WAV. Can you add an instrument track also pointing at the TKE rack with one great big C3 at zero volume. Possible also that I have omitted to mention that the output of the TKE rack, ie the output of TKE, must be set to 0dB - that is the assumption on which the -36dB reference is based.

Thanks for being a guinea pig - unfortunately my development machines are so infested with things my applications and presets need that sometimes it's a little hard to predict what will happen in the wild (yeah, I know, excuses...) I'll clean things up as I come to understand the issues and update documentation...

A reply I just made on the Strong what-have-you thread lists all (I think) the sessions I have contributed. Most of the others Neuroasis wrote. I know there are at least two other contributors - please stand up?).

Cheers,
    Craig

6. Default Re: The Kasina Effect for MUX ?

Every thing is setup checked a few times ,i can only get the kasina in spectrastrobe mode after i reset it in audio settings it works for about ten seconds then switches to AS mode for a second then back to SS mode for a bit then switches and stays in AS mode. Not sure where the loop player is in deep editor, a picture would be helpful. Thank you for the help.

Working on it - both fix and providing some screenshots for you. Thank you for your patience.

In the meantime, the Ref wave player is the purple block at the left, labelled Ref On/Off.

Aaah! The joys of the leading edge!!!

Cheers,
    Craig
    Last edited by CraigT; 12-13-2013 at 06:46 PM.

8. Default Re: The Kasina Effect for MUX ?

Thank you Craig for your help and feedback i will try the wav in the deep editor.

9. Default Re: The Kasina Effect for MUX ?

Hey Craig i checked out the deep editor the TKE wav file is there i tried reloading it seems like its not the issue. SS works for right about 30 seconds then switches to AS. this only works when i reset the audio settings to mme kasina for audio. I am using the free version of mulab the static sound might be interfearing with SS. Or possibly the TKE wav file is to short ,my music wav is about 5 minutes . Thank you again .cant wait to automate these control parameters!

Blog Entries

You should not be getting the static sound in a simple session. That is what is interfering... I think you are right about that... Too many tracks? Here is the FAQ on MuTools about what triggers the noise. http://www.mutools.com/info/docs/mul...-versions.html Hope this helps.. You are a trooper!
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Thread Information