Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need a STRONG preset!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Need a STRONG preset!

Alright! My turn to rant!

<snark>I really should have called a session M3GAmphetamine and then it would have worked</snark>

Really, ok so those sessions work for you... great. Doesn't not make them 100% BS.. loud binaural beats with very simple ramps is all they are (reportedly from an engine built on an uncredited licensing violation). The next version of the KBS editor will import GNaural presets. I suggest you Google the terms SBAGen, GNaural, and iDoser.. you will learn a lot of things for yourself. Sorry to be harsh, really.... pet peeve alert.

Check out more sessions on the Kasina until then...

placebo,
    Scotto
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Blog Entries

I'm feeling a bit more charitable now that Friday the 13th has passed on this shore.. try the Sirius presets in the KBS folder... if you like iDoser you will probably like them. Or at least that would give an approximation of what iDoser would be like with light stimulation.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

3. Default Re: Need a STRONG preset!

>>...Wait till you see it open-eye - I've only used one of the prototypes and I'm not sure where that decision is going, but what I've seen rocks!!!<<

Dear Craig,

Ref 'open eye' can you use appropriate Attention/Focus sessions to actually work while the open-eye glasses are operating? If so, this may help us focus on critical work and discourage distractions(?).

Am I right? And if so, when can we expect to get open-eye frames for the Kasina?! No doubt we may have to limit time spent in 'open-eye'. Obviously not suitable for shopping and such.

Richard
    Hong Kong
    Richard, Hong Kong
    richardhk dot com
    ------------------------

Blog Entries

Eye open in this case refers to glasses with diffusers that are meant to be used with your eyes open so you can fully experience the incredible range of colors and patterns the Kasina produces. Similar to the LaxMan goggles. We have a couple of prototypes that are being considered. The experience is really amazing.

Now the hemi-stim (or whatever Photosonix called it) clear see-through glasses are a different thing entirely. There has been discussion and prototypes of glasses that do this but nothing has been settled and there has not been movement lately. May or may not see the light of day (pun intended)

Hi Richard,

As Neuro says, open-eye generally refers to diffuse fields, modeled on the ganz feld effect. I have only used one of the Kasina open-eye prototypes - briliant.

The effect you're seeking is entirely valid. Transparent used to sell the see-thru glasses made by AvStim - they are available in blue or white led and have a number of LEDs arranged around the field of vision. You may recall me mentioning a trifield design, recognising the true left/centre/right arrangement of each eye. I am currently working on a see-thru version which would do the job just fine. Chances are it will be so simple it could be a DIY job.

Wandering around with SMR/beta flickering in the periphery seems to do no harm when engaged in appropriate tasks. I have enjoyed quiet walks with alpha or even theta flickering. Alpha/theta provide an interesting tool for designers or artists - a way to look at the world and the workpiece a little differently. See-thru delta has the potential to be useful in conjunction with open-eye focus (candle or point-on-the-wall) type meditation.

Cheers,
    Craig

6. Default Re: Need a STRONG preset!

Thanks Scott and Craig,

Ahh... I see! Yes, I have played around with a diffuse field using a small (unused!) white handkerchief wrapped around the Procyon frames. Will try out on my Kasina too now my memory has been jogged.

But yes, real open eye is what I would love for online trading work that demands intense concentration. Should have opened a new thread perhaps, but very keen to hear how your experiments go Craig. I will buy one, or build one if you come up with goods. Use for mindfulness meditation as you describe is also a strong need for me.

I was playing SpectraStrobe session audio only on my speakers last night while online, and did seem to be helping to quieten me down. More work needed here.

Thanks for your clarification guys.
    Richard, Hong Kong
    richardhk dot com
    ------------------------

Thread Information