Thread: Which sessions would you recommend to start with?

Default Which sessions would you recommend to start with?

Hi,

I live in the Netherlands and received my Kasina today.
    It looks amazing!

There are so many sessions I can choose from, that I don't know where to start..
    What sessions can you recommend te start with in the morning, or to end the day with?
    I'm having some problems sleeping.. hope this will help.

Thank you!

Greetz
    Naath

Blog Entries

Default Re: Which sessions would you recommend to start with?

It is bit subjective as being there is a music component some pieces you will strongly resonate with. My personal daily sessions now use BioMarkers (which is designed to be used as a prelude to any session) and Soliton. I like that combination at this time for decompressing and dreaming awake.

For sleep Sleep Cycle in the AudioStrobe folder using Color Presets has been found by several people to work very well.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

3. Default Re: Which sessions would you recommend to start with?

You can start the day with beta frequencies (12- 38 Hz), pretty much any session in the Accelerate folder. The Cheer Up and the Energize sessions even go up into the high beta/ gamma range, so you should be careful not to overdo these sessions, especially if you are having sleep or anxiety issues.

SMR frequencies (12-15HZ) can help develop better sleeping patterns over time. The Focus session uses these frequencies.

At night, any session in the Meditate or Night Voyage folder will do. The Meditate sessions don't take you as deep as the Night Voyage sessions.

Quote Originally Posted by neuroasis View Post
    My personal daily sessions now use BioMarkers (which is designed to be used as a prelude to any session) and Soliton. I like that combination at this time for decompressing and dreaming awake.
    Thank you! What kind of settings do you use for thise? (Fast/Slow.. so many to choose from again!

I tried the combination an hour ago, and fell asleep.. What do you use as an energizer? Brewmasher: could I try the cheer up and energize sessions early in the morning.. or will that still give problems sleeping?

Thanks again!

5. Default Re: Which sessions would you recommend to start with?

Quote Originally Posted by Naath View Post
    Brewmasher: could I try the cheer up and energize sessions early in the morning.. or will that still give problems sleeping?
    It's tough for me to say, as I'm not privy to the nomenclature of the sessions. The general rule is to limit gamma sessions to 2 times a week. 30- 35 Hz is in the grey area where beta ends and gamma starts. If the session does not spend very much time there, you should be alright. I'm sure the author of the session (Craig?) took that into account when designing the session. If your sleep problem worsens, try using a different session for a while to see if that is the culprit.

Blog Entries

I tried the combination an hour ago, and fell asleep..
    So falling asleep is good right? That's a funny thing about mind machine music, falling asleep is a compliment It is also very common to fall asleep even using sessions not designed for such when first using a mind machine or meditating at all for that matter. For most people the only association they have with long periods of relaxation with eyes closed is while heading toward sleep.

Energize and Cheer Up are good sessions for creating energy. Use them as an interactive process. A common misunderstanding about energy sessions is that you can just passively work with them. If you are in an immobile state, reclining, with slow breathing, then to some measure you are counter acting their effect. You are sending overriding signals throughout the rest of your body to relax.

Work interactively with an energy session. Sit up in a chair or better yet stand up and move (dance, tai chi forms, aerobics) Of course since your eyes are closed be aware of the space around you. Sitting in a chair and stretching/flexing isometrics is a good thing. The rhythm of Energize has a strong build to it. Breath along with it visualizing pulling energy into your body. This can be a visualization of electricity for instance. Don't hyperventilate but breathe at a commanding pace. Imagine yourself moving. (if not actually doing so)

This is a good 'first thing in the morning' exercise and can bring great results and energy to your day. The key is to participate in the process.

Try this out and post your results. Hopefully it is helpful.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Thanks again for your answers! Sleeping is fine of course :-)
    I am used to meditating and falling asleep sometimes while doing it ..
    I practice Mindfulness (I even teach it to kids) and Heartcoherence (also teaching it).

When I look a the 'Enegerzise' I can choose between Mode Audio Strobe or Color Organ. I think I have to choose the first one. But then there is:
    Colorset 1 to 16.. Does it make a difference which one I pick?
    And for the Cheer Up I have to choose SpectraStrobe I think?

Thanks!

Hi,

I hope the attached will help. CheerUp is a standard depression session, WakeUp is pure buzz. If prone to anxiety, WakeUp may be a bit much. Neither should be used close to sleep time.

CheerUp-Sequence.JPG

Energise-Sequence.JPG

Cheers,
    Craig

Thanks Craig. The second one you're showing is 'energise', not 'wake up'? Is that correct?

You're welcome. Yes, image 2 is Energize (session name is in the MWS title bar of each capture).

Cheers,
    Craig

Thread Information