Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Session types

Default Re: Session types

Thanks Craig. I don't have a Kasina yet but for the pleasure of tweaking sounds I will have a play with MuLab, your Beatmaker and other plugins one of these days !

2. Default Re: Session types

What khz frequencys are used to control spectra strobe and which ones control which color ?

Blog Entries

Here are the SpectraStrobe frequencies in brief, more info will be released about it as we intend it to be an open standard but a bit of explanation of the reference signal is required. If you want to play with creating SpectraStrobe Craig's MUX adaption includes a Reference Audio looped recording that you can use in other software as it just a wav file.

Red: 18700 kHz
    Green: 19200 kHz
    Blue: 19700 kHz

The reference signal is required to play for 1 sec prior to the onset of other control frequencies and to play throughout the stream.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

You will find pretty much everything you need to know from the Deep Editor in The Kasina Effect - the color oscillators are set to the specific pitches matching each of the frequencies Neuroasis provided. The signals are limited to -24dB for the colors and -36dB for the reference. Unlike AudioStrobe, brightness is not dependent on volume, but on the relationship between the reference and the color signals. I'm happy to discuss any of the MUXes or parts thereof.

I'm also now pleased to confirm that the separate program from MuLab, MUX, which creates or takes presets like I have provided and allows them to be run as VST devices, works extremely well in a few free DAWs that I have lying around, and from the lack of problems reported on their KVR forum, I'm guessing it works well on pretty much everything out there. Mac or Windows. Runs under Wine or Win XP-7 Virtual Box under Linux Mint 15, Ubuntu Saucy and Puppy something-or-other.

Matter of Linux - Kasina is recognised perfectly by Linux Mint 15 and various mutations of Windows/Linux Host/VirtualBox Guest, etc. MWS doesn't work under Wine (please tell me different, and how!) but works fine under VirtualBox or VMWare freebie VMs with Win XP-7 (mebbe 8, haven't tested it).

Cheers,
    Craig

Blog Entries

I can verify that to my knowledge MWS does not work under Wine due to deep Windows library integration. Also, works fine in Parallels on Mac which I use it with nearly every day.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Thread Information