Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Kasina Owner with Questions

1. Default New Kasina Owner with Questions

Just got a kasina yesterday,looking forward to creating some sessions with my music,hope there is some sessions to share.
    I wanted to know if you can get a live feed on the light frames when working on a session ? Also how do i import audio into a session?

Blog Entries

Default Re: New Kasina Owner with Questions

Congratulations on your Kasina purchase. The Kasina provides several different options for session creation. There is a mind machine format called KBS (Kasina Basic Session). That is what the editor is for. It delivers simple frequency ramps and segments which can use the onboard Color Sets (preset light configuration or randomly changing colors). So the mind machine sessions can be different every time. This is the first stage of this format and the editor is simplified to make it quick to generate sessions and then try them out and build from there.

The quickest way to get your music onboard is to load the sound file onto the SD card and use the built in Color Organ with the Color Sets. Immediate gratification.

If you want to create and encode a session with you own music, then take a look at Craig Tice's TKE editor for MuLab which is included on the card. It will allow you to generate and stream live SpectraStrobe. You can record and mix down these files as well to save to your Kasina.

Finally, for the absolute best control, use Mind Workstation from Transparent. It has full SpectraStrobe support included and you can do most anything you can imagine with it. Including editing to your own music.

So, right off the bat there is a multitude of ways to create your own sessions and custom the Kasina to your liking... and we are just getting started!

Happy Trails,
    Scotto
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

3. Default Re: New Kasina Owner with Questions

Thank you for a quick reply,I am enjoying all the features on the kasina and will try the mind workstation soon .

4. Default Re: New Kasina Owner with Questions

I have been trying to export some audio strobe albums from itunes to the kasina but they dont show up in the sessions . Thank you.

Blog Entries

Be sure they are low compression mp3 files like 256kbps to 320kpbs... CBR compression works best too (instead of VBR). iTunes defaults to AAC which the Kasina does not support.
    Last edited by neuroasis; 12-10-2013 at 04:39 PM.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

6. Default Re: New Kasina Owner with Questions

Thank you for your quick reply and help,i really appreciate it.
    When will nuero progamer 3 support spectarstrobe ? Mind workstation is a bit expensive for the elite mode.

Blog Entries

NeuroProgrammer support is forthcoming in a few weeks at most. MindWorkstation may seem expensive but for the power it offers let me suggest that it is in fact very affordable if you have interest in this area. The additions of biofeedback and neurofeedback devices, and the ability to control them with flexibility and precision seals the deal. NP3 does support these devices to a degree as well.

8. Default Re: New Kasina Owner with Questions

How do i open the kasina effect in mulab? The audio strobe mp3 albums are awesome on the kasina.A top quality decoder. Looking foward to the ableton live spectra strobe tool. Is there a VST. Plugin for audio strobe or spectra strobe available or in the works? Thank you again for all the innovations in the entrainment community. The kasina is opening many windows into the mind.

Blog Entries

I'm going to let CraigT answer you in detail on MuLab as that is his baby. But his included manual explains it pretty well. Basically click on one of the slots at the bottom (Basic Synth Rack is the default one) and a browser will pop up. If you have installed the effects correctly then under User on the list will be the plugins listed. Load on up and play with it. The Kasina should be loaded by USB and the Kasina AVS should be set as your audio device.

A version of Craig's plugins can run as a VST on Windows. It is a paid plugin, called MUX. Works great with Ableton and you have a lot of power to mix it down.

There is some movement on the VST front that may see the light of day. But we would like to keep cross platform as much as possible so the easy ways with SynthEdit etc. wouldn't be the final solution.

The ColorSets with AudioStrobe open up sooooo many possibilities and really dust off those older sessions.

Hi Psymatic,

Neuroasis covered most of it.

Do you have the Kasina Effect manual (a PDF)?

Anyway, if you're familiar with DAWs, TKE is dragged into a slot in a rack where it functions as both an effect and an instrument, with audio pass-through. Any instrument or audio file can be opened or created in the track editor and directed to the TKE rack.

The Mux files I have provided have to be run with MuLab. MuTools also has a product called MUX which includes all of the modular device creation tools of MuLab without any record, compose or play facilities. MUX is loaded as a VST and into it is loaded a Mux.

The SpectraStrobe standard is so easy to emulate - the possibilities are extraordinary. Kasina has great potential as a visual art / installation controller.

Cheers,
    Craig

Thread Information