Thread: Concentration/Learning Sessions help

1. Default Concentration/Learning Sessions help

Just like to share that I've at last just bought a Procyon (from Mindplace via Amazon, I dear say). The main thing for me is that I utilise this potentially great machine a lot more than I did with the Proteus I purchased in 2003 & used up til this last Saturday. My Proteus is on is last leg, the part that houses the Audio input just refuses to work at times without a little twiddling about, and frustraitingly during sessions. I feel that I have not made the most of this machine since I purchased it. I did not create any programmmes & only used the AS function for Audiostrobe. SHAME!

My aim for this Procyon is, for me to achieve absolute concentration when reading books: I have probably 2000 plus in my library still unread; ability to create great study habits for when I resume night classes; OOB experiences is something that, ever since as a young man I've always wanted to achieve; Any sessions that may facilitate in archiving possibilities of psychic meditative states.

These for the moment are my main objectives for usages I would like to experience in purchasing this Procyon machine. I would be very interested in any suggestion from any experienced users.
    Last edited by BunnyhahaCheeks; 12-03-2013 at 08:10 AM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Concentration/Learning Sessions help

I would suggest reading this excellent article from Craig Tice to get you started.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Concentration/Learning Sessions help

Hello BunnyhahaCheeks... try to say that without cracking a big smile

Allow me to share a few of the 'secrets' for getting the most from the Procyon. An often overlooked feature of this particular product in our line is the magical Pause button! While playing back any session when you find something you like just hit the middle button and let it run for awhile. If you are hooked up to the Editor then you can see what the current settings are and make a note of them to build sessions from. One caveat though is that the setting you are seeing in the Editor is static. Most likely it is part of a ramp in the session segment and the movement is why you like it so much. However, once you are familiar with the overall session you can learn to estimate where in the session that preferred setting is and track it down. Or use a timer like a smart phone app or computer program to time your session.

The Pause button works great along with Session 01 which is a random session. You can let the random stream run and when you find something you like, Pause, ride, rinse, repeat. The Procyon will never get old if you do this.

Another excellent use of the pause button is to create simple ramps in the editor. Watch my YouTube tutorial if you don't know how.. Doing this, you can create your own sessions on the fly as long of a duration as you like. Create a one minute ramp say from 18hz to 2hz then another segment with a ramp back up from 2Hz to 18Hz. Now ride it down about 1/3 of the way (20 secs) and then you in Alpha range. Pause for awhile, then let it drop a step or two, pause for awhile, and so on. A good exercise here is to really try to feel each pulse and estimate what the frequency is and then notice the 'change in surroundings' to find what works best for you. With controlled ramps you can begin to educate yourself on how the frequencies affect you. And you are in the driver's seat!

Can you see how this can increase focus and concentration as well. How long can you hold a spot before you begin to lose focus? Can you do it longer next time?

I have many more suggestions but try these out and see if they strike your fancy!

Happy trails,
    Scotto
    Last edited by neuroasis; 12-02-2013 at 10:20 PM. Reason: I can't spell
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

4. Default Re: Concentration/Learning Sessions help

Ahh, cheers mate thanks so much for this. I'll be trying this when I get home later!!

Glad you like my name: BunnyhahaCheeks!!

5. Default Re: Concentration/Learning Sessions help

Thanks too Andy. Much appreciated!!

BunnyhahaCheeks

Thread Information