Thread: Experiences with entrainment and bipolar/dysphoric depression

1. Default Experiences with entrainment and bipolar/dysphoric depression

Hi,

This is my first post

A couple of weeks ago I bought a Procyon (and also NP3). I been browsing the forums but haven't really found anything to do with what I'm looking for. I have atypical bipolar II and for the last few days have been stuck in a mixed state (dysphoric depression). Not very nice at all. So, I'm wondering if anyone has any experiences they can share about using BWE for my type of condition. Are there protocols that work for most people but should be used with caution by bipolar people? (beta sessions come to mind for some reason)

BTW, this BWE stuff is beyond cool especially with the lights.

Many thanks,

John.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Experiences with entrainment and bipolar/dysphoric depression

Hello John, and welcome!

I don't have anything specific to suggest, except maybe a search on the forum for the keywords "bipolar" and "depression" for some suggestions of what others have found useful.

Good luck in your journey.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

3. Default Re: Experiences with entrainment and bipolar/dysphoric depression

Playing multiplayer games is a fun way to cope up with depression too. But I've been facing anxiety dizziness so giving this article a read.
    https://anxietyscope.com/anxiety-dizziness/

4. Default Re: Experiences with entrainment and bipolar/dysphoric depression

Hey tigertim... i also suffer from some bipolar II and i find that if im in an up state to stay away from the more active sessions,even tho their my Favorites. lol
    The lower frequency sessions are much easier on the brain when in a mixed or manic state.. just my two cents

Hello, I was just looking around and went across this thread. I was diagnosed to have severe depression 4 years ago and tried almost everything out there that "could" help. The only medication that worked best for me is medical cannabis. I perfectly understand that it's not legal everywhere. At first, I was doubtful so I started doing my own research and read articles about marijuana. I found out that each marijuana strain has different uses for different diseases. Like this strain https://blimburnseeds.com/grandaddy-purple-seeds This one is very effective when it comes to stress and anxiety. Just sharing, have a nice day to all.

Bipolar seems to be a wild swing from increased beta and suppressed theta (manic), to suppressed beta and increased theta. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24636537 I would try sessions in the SMR (12-15 Hz) range, which has a balancing effect. Many benefits can be had entraining to these frequencies such as better sleep patterns and increased tolerance to stress. It is also a very "safe" frequency range, meaning you are less likely to make anything worse.

Other than that, you can try using beta sessions when you are depressed, and theta sessions when you are manic, although the base of your sessions should be in the SMR range (low beta)

A biofeedback device such as the Thoughtstream or an EEG would be helpful to see how you are responding, and help you train yourself to duplicate the effects without using BWE.

7. Default Re: Experiences with entrainment and bipolar/dysphoric depression

When your doctor makes any of these diagnoses, you are horrified, because these mental diseases are always on the public's ear. It is discussed, it is despised, and this makes it even more difficult for the patient to cope with it. I myself was in a situation where I was judged for my mental health, which was impaired. I was looking for salvation in everything and had to look where I had not been before. My doctor offered me an alternative to my medication. My new treatment was kratom and it probably helped me a lot, because after a year of taking it daily, my panic attacks during depression disappeared, as did my depression too
    Last edited by ScottPreot; 12-06-2020 at 10:47 PM.

8. Default Re: Experiences with entrainment and bipolar/dysphoric depression

I never got to the bottom of this, but St. John's wort considered a homeopathic remedy. I suppose I am in the dark since I don't have access to this site https://www.vitaminexpress.org/uk/ not to mention the fact that since I've actually taken it, I've actually felt the effects. Finally, with all of my previous experimentation, I feel very confident in my ability to distinguish placebo from real-world changes in mood, perception, cognition, etc.

Thread Information