Thread: USB problem, and question about iso-tones

1. Default USB problem, and question about iso-tones

Hello, just created my account here as I need three things answering..

1. For some reason my USB connection won't work. I've installed the driver and editor, inserted the USB which is connected to the machine, but all that happens is that the unit turns on. When I open up Computer, the device isn't even there on the list. I've tried uninstalling it and then reinstalling it without the cable inserted, but still nothing.

2. This is the first light and sound machine I've ever used, so I'm not really sure how the lights are measured. Is there anywhere that I can find out how to align the light flashing with the beats/tones I'm using?

3. I know the difference between binaural beats and isochronic tones, I use isochronic tones all the time, but the manual doesn't describe what each of the presets are in terms of if they're binaural or isochronic. The only reason this worries me is that binaural beats have been associated with seizures in the past, just look up news articles related to I-Doser, and anything else on Google when you type in "binaural Beats Seizures", so for this reason I prefer isochronic tones as they're more natural and work better on me than binaural beats. So yeah, my question is, how do I know which are binaurals and which ones are isochronics? They both sound the same.

Thanks in advance guys, looking forward to using this device more.

Blog Entries

Default Re: USB problem, and question about iso-tones

Hello and Welcome once again!

I answered #3 in the General forum as it's a more general AVS question.

For #1, we may need to do some troubleshooting, but here's some things to try...
    1. Did you get a "New Hardware found" pop-up after you installed the driver and plugged in your Procyon via USB?
    2. Do you hear the "da-ding" (low-high) sound which indicates you plugged in a new device when you connect the USB cable?
    3. Do you have another USB cable you can try?

Let me know, and I'll help you further.

FYI, the Procyon does not show up under "Computer". If you're on Windows 7, it will show up under "Devices and Printers" as Silicon Labs CP2102 USB to UART Bridge (COMx) where x is some number.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Blog Entries

Question #2...

I'm not sure I understand the question, are you looking for information on the frequencies used in each session? If so, then have a look at the stickies in this forum. In particular: http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...ns-description

If that's not what you're asking, then please re-ask and I'll try and help.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

4. Default Re: USB problem, and question about iso-tones

Yeah, when I take it out, I hear da-dings and da-dums when I take the USB in and out, so it must be doing something. And the very first time I plugged it in, it installed a new driver automatically. And yeah I just tried a spare one I had, but it had the same problem. I have the feeling it knows the device there, because nothing comes up when I go on "Add a Device", and it turns on when plugged in, and makes da-dings and da-dums sounds when connecting and disconnecting.

And yeah that's pretty much what I was asking on my second question, just wanted to know in-case I make my own sessions, what the best way to program the LED lights was

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jdeadevil View Post
    Yeah, when I take it out, I hear da-dings and da-dums when I take the USB in and out, so it must be doing something. And the very first time I plugged it in, it installed a new driver automatically. And yeah I just tried a spare one I had, but it had the same problem. I have the feeling it knows the device there, because nothing comes up when I go on "Add a Device", and it turns on when plugged in, and makes da-dings and da-dums sounds when connecting and disconnecting.
    Ok, that's a good sign. What happens when you select the COM port and then open it in the Editor? (Under the Serial Communication menu)
    What version of Windows are you running? (XP/Vista/7/8)

And yeah that's pretty much what I was asking on my second question, just wanted to know in-case I make my own sessions, what the best way to program the LED lights was
    Cool. Hope that info helps.
    -Andy.

6. Default Re: USB problem, and question about iso-tones

Windows 7.

And I'll copy and paste the error. I'm assuming you mean "Open COM port"?

---------------------------
    Procyon AVS
    COM4 is not available.

Invalid port number

Please selet a new COM port.
    OK

When I click "Set COM port" it gives me this:

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n...ps2cb8ad97.png

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jdeadevil View Post
    Windows 7.

And I'll copy and paste the error. I'm assuming you mean "Open COM port"?
    No, "Set COM port". Try setting it to COM3.

Procyon AVS
    COM4 is not available.

Invalid port number

Please selet a new COM port.
    OK

When I click "Set COM port" it gives me this:

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n...ps2cb8ad97.png
    Yeah, try COM3.

When you go to "Devices and Printers" on your start menu, look at the bottom under "Unspecified" and see if you see "Silicon Labs CP210x USB to UART Bridge (COMx)" where x is some number. Whatever "x" is will be the COM port you want to set in the Procyon Editor under the menu item "Serial Communication/Set COM port".
    -Andy.

8. Default Re: USB problem, and question about iso-tones

I had a look on Devices and Printers and it is there in the Unspecified area, and I chose COM3 and it seemed to open the port without giving me an error, but it still doesn't show on Computer, is it meant to be like that, or are you meant to be able to explore it?

Blog Entries

Ok, glad you got the Editor to see it.

The Procyon is not like a device/harddrive that you can browse. It only communicates via the Editor.

Have a read through of the Editor Manual for further details.
    -Andy.

10. Default Re: USB problem, and question about iso-tones

Okay cool, thanks for the help.

Thread Information