Thread: New Procyon User with Odd Sensations in the Head!!!

Default New Procyon User with Odd Sensations in the Head!!!

Hi All,

I'm new the light and sound machines and I've been using the procyon since last Wednesday (1 week ago) for about 1.5 to 2 hours each day on various settings. I'd say the percentages I've trained are roughly:

30% beta
    20% alpha
    30% theta
    20% delta

I have stuck to the rule of thumb where I stay away from beta/smr in the evenings. I haven't however, avoided theta/delta during the day... Over the last 2 days, on my lunch break i've done roughly:

1hr: Alpha>theta>delta>alpha
    followed by:
    20m beta (15>30hz)

The first day I did it I felt positively euphoric afterwards and I thought it was amazing. Everything seemed sharper and clearer (I think I'm used to very low beta amplitude as I'm ADD). The second day I went in head on again with the same protocol and came out feeling slightly frazzled and anxious. My head also felt heavy in the temple areas and I could feel parts of my head that I don't normally feel, almost like a very very mild headache. Not sure how else to explain it. I don't have any history of seizures, etc.

Is this normal?

Is there such thing as over training?

I'm currently committed to training between 1.5 and 2hrs per day. Should I be building my training up over time?

Today I stuck with just beta wave training for 20mins during my lunch break and avoid any theta/delta before hand or during the day for now!

On a side note. I've probably got some repressed memories from childhood that I may have beeb avoiding. I've not encountered any scary moments whilst in theta/delta, so far, but could this be part of the healing process?

Thanks in advance all
    Sunny

Default Re: New Procyon User with Odd Sensations in the Head!!!

Hi Sunny,

What you describe I would call "heavy experimental use" - that is to say, long duration sessions, frequently, with no particular therapeutic plan. This type of use can result in upsets to daily rhythm, sleep, mood, etc. All such effects are temporary and often don't recur, or if they do recur, it is almost coincidental.

AVS is a subtle stimulus. It will facilitate but, except in it's most fundamental role as a relaxation aid, "cause" anything much. Therapeutic effectiveness is dependent on the actual need for more or less of a particular band, i.e. proper diagnosis. Using alpha/theta for self-pyschotherapy relies on structuring your sessions and deliberately using the time to address questions or look at particular times/aspects of your life. While some scary things can emerge spontaneously, I would venture that they were probably bubbling pretty close to the surface anyway and one way or another they were going to need to be addressed.

Unless you intend to practice a particular protocol over an extended period of time in order to achieve a particular result, feel free to do as much or as little of whatever you wish - your body/mind will let you know what's good and what's not. Some useful mental flexibility results can be achieved by using a wide range of sessions.

Cheers,
    Craig

Hi Craig,

Thanks, that makes me feel much better. My head also feels much better since yesterday.

I have been doing the Brain Brightening protocol which is available on the forums for the past couple of days now and I am feeling a significant improvement in my thinking speed and writing abilities. I had spare time yesterday after I posted and decided to push the envelope further so I did a further 1 hour beta and to be fair I have been shocked by the results. The extended session had a strong and palpable effect on my awareness, focus and calmness. I don't think i've properly experienced a high level of beta before, unless under the influence of something. I'm definitely going to pursue the beta protocols further as I've had less success with alpha in the past (i think alpha/smr is probably my dominant frequency, without an EEG to confirm).

My main desire is that my memory receives a boost - I'm hoping that brain brightening beta protocol will help bring a deeper understanding to the subjects that I'm learning and help to encode memories better. I understand that alpha 10hz and theta can also be beneficial during encoding and retrieval. Any thoughts on this?

I would also like to work more on the theta and delta frequencies in the evenings, so as to bring my full frequency range into balance and more readily accessible during waking states (as per Anna Wise's book "Awakening the Mind").

Again thanks for your input, Craig. I will continue my adventure with a little more structure and a little less experimentation, in the knowledge that I'm in safe hands I will probably invest in an EEG further down so that I can target frequencies better, but for now I'll target by feel and continue with 1.5 to 2hrs per day I'll report back here with my findings

Cheers,
    Sunny

Hi Sunny,

Sounds good - low cost EEGs are getting better all the time.

Cheers,
    Craig

Thread Information