Thread: Stress!

1. Default Stress!

Hi all,

I am new here and considering buying the Porcyon.

I am suffering from stress for the last 20 years and it has now come up to the point that I am very overstrained or whatever you may call it.
    I am tired, I have high peaks of stress moments during the day, some days I feel great and then it starts all over again. I feel dizzy/unbalanced in my head. I have problems with too many impulses from tv, or in particular when I am scrolling on my iPad for example. When I do this it gets all weird in my head and the stress will build up quickly.
    Well, you can say I had an overdoses of stress build up during the years. I have been meditating for a while now, but lately with binaural beats

sessions which can be found a lot on youtube. This works very well, for the short run. But after an hour with this for example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_mjh...A2A6757ABDD93C I feel MUCH better.

Will the Procyon be good for me? Any of you having had the same issues like me and knowing from experience this will be a good idea?
    I also have been looking at the Photosonix Nova Pro 100, what is the difference?

Last but not least. My girlfriend has been diagnosed with MS 1,5 years ago. Stress and MS are a VERY bad combination. Any ideas about using a mind-machine and a chronic disease like MS?

Thanks!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Stress!

Hello equinox, and welcome!

If sounds like the video you linked help you feel better, then the Procyon is definitely for you. It can produce those sorts of beats, added with the flashing lights makes it even more effective.

As this site is owned and operated by MindPlace, the policy here is not to discuss competing products, but I can say that it sounds to me like you could benefit from the Procyon (or even the Proteus, if you're looking to save money).

Have a search on the forum for the word "stress" (without the quotes) and you'll see how others are using the products to help them.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

3. Default Re: Stress!

Hi Andy, thanks for your reply. I have been looking at the manual and see there are about 4 60 minutes programs for meditation (tranquility program).
    That's not a whole lot.. And I am on the OSX system, so updating the Procyon with new programs is not an easy-does-it, as I have to set up a windows system on a separate HD to make an emulator running the Procyon-software. Perhaps I am overlooking something, but this is what I can find about the meditation programs.

About Multiple Sclerosis, which my girlfriend has: she has read that a mind machine is not for people with neurological conditions, what is the reason for this? She wants to use it for meditation.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Stress!

Quote Originally Posted by equinox View Post
    Hi Andy, thanks for your reply.
    You're very welcome!

I have been looking at the manual and see there are about 4 60 minutes programs for meditation (tranquility program).
    That's not a whole lot..
    If they work for you, that's all you need! Many people only use one or two programs each day and the results they need.

And I am on the OSX system, so updating the Procyon with new programs is not an easy-does-it, as I have to set up a windows system on a separate HD to make an emulator running the Procyon-software.
    Using the AudioStrobe function of the Procyon is another option - no software needed. Another thing that works well for relaxation is the Thoughtstream.

About Multiple Sclerosis, which my girlfriend has: she has read that a mind machine is not for people with neurological conditions, what is the reason for this? She wants to use it for meditation.
    The warnings are typically for anyone affected negatively to flashing lights. People with epilepsy and other disorders can have seizures from flashing lights. I know very little about MS and whether flashing lights would be safe for her.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Thread Information