Thread: Using the Procyon while....

1. Default Using the Procyon while....

... reading or studying....

Is it OK to use the Procyon without the goggles while reading? For example with a concentration or learning session? Many sessions in NP3 specify that AudioStrobe is "optional", so I guess it is fine with the Procyon too?

Also... Are there any Procyon-compatible goggles with which it is possible to keep your eyes open?

Thanks!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Using the Procyon while....

Many people use the entrainment sounds only while studying or reading. It's not as effective as using the Ganzframes, but it does work.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

You can get much of the effect of look-thru glasses by just laying your Ganz Frames down facing you above the material you are working with. Shade the frames and set your Procyon to maximum brightness. You may find that you can set up your frames so that they partially illuminate the page - I have been surprised at how little flashing in the field of vision it takes for the brain to recognise the presence of a pattern.

Cheers,
    Craig

4. Default Re: Using the Procyon while....

Thanks, Craig. I will try that.

I personally use the Procyon while reading or watching TV, just lower the brightness and let the eyeframe stay on the point of your nose! It is quite comfortable and, hey, it works! Cheers, Mike

6. Default Re: Using the Procyon while....

Quote Originally Posted by ouroboros View Post
    I personally use the Procyon while reading or watching TV, just lower the brightness and let the eyeframe stay on the point of your nose! It is quite comfortable and, hey, it works! Cheers, Mike
    Thanks, I had tried that but felt my eyes were burning a bit after the session. Maybe it was a coincidence because I suffer from allergies too, so I want to try again.

7. Default Re: Using the Procyon while....

Craig, yesterday I found a whole article you wrote on glasses! Very interesting. I really enjoyed reading it. Is Transparent Corp. still selling glasses? I just wanted to have a quick look, but cannot find them.

Pleased you enjoyed my ramblings. The make of the see-thru glasses is Avstim.

Cheers,
    Craig

9. Default Re: Using the Procyon while....

Quote Originally Posted by CraigT View Post
    Pleased you enjoyed my ramblings. The make of the see-thru glasses is Avstim.

Cheers,
    Craig
    Do their glasses also work with the Procyon sessions or only Audiostrobe?

Thanks.

Thread Information