Thread: Procyon battery issue

Default Procyon battery issue

Hello Andy,
    I did my first couple of sessions the last couple of days by hooking up the system to my laptop using the USB. The first was a 15 min session for relaxation and it didn't do much. The next one was the night voyage which made me dream quite a bit but didn't leave me feeling very rested (but that could be cos of some noisy neighbors).

I got some new batteries yesterday so that I can use the procyon anywhere. Unfortunately the system didn't turn on with the batteries installed. I tried again with the USB and it worked fine. Why is my procyon not working with batteries? Can you please help.

Also, how do I register my product?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Procyon battery issue

Hello Lotus!

Double-check that the batteries are definitely inserted correctly. There was one report of a backwards label inside the battery compartment.
    The - (negative) of the batteries should go to the spring side of the battery compartment. 2 batteries go one direction, 1 (the center one) goes the other way. Also make sure you check that the batteries are brand-new alkalines. Meter or test them if you can - I've seen brand-new batteries come out of the box flat.

You can register your Procyon at the MindPlace web site - just scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the Product Registration link.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Hello Andy,

I made sure that I placed the batteries in the right orientation. I also checked the power in the batteries by using them in another equipment and they worked fine.
    I have to mention that when I press the on/off button with the batteries in place the LED in goggles turn on for a fraction of a second and then go off. The instrument itself does not turn on however.

Hello Andy,
    Is it possible for me to get a replacement unit? Not having portability is a real problem.
    Thanks

Blog Entries

I can help you with that. Please use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page to send me an e-mail.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Thread Information