Thread: No power

Exclamation No power

I had my Proteus for just under a week and now the power does not work. I tried with the batteries as well with the AC power. It worked about an hour ago.

After turning on the unit I get no display, and with the glasses in, when I hit the play button, nothing happens there either. I tried that just in case it was only the display.

The troubleshooting section had no additional help. Unfortunately I have to leave otherwise I would have tried an exhaustive search here first.

Is there any possibility there is anything I can do here, or would I need to return it first?

Blog Entries

Default Re: No power

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you're having with your Proteus.

I wonder if it's a problem with the power switch?

Anyway, no matter, let's get it replaced. Please use the "Contact Us" link below to send me an e-mail and we'll take care of it.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Is it possible there is a configuration or lockout sequence? I messed around with it, removed the batteries and tried again..... At one point I hit a few of the buttons on the front (which I don't remember) and the power came on. It was also reset to item P01 where I had been on something else before. Since then I tried it a few times and it seems to come on. There are a few sections in the manual I skimmed over a bit and thought there may be something else I missed.

Blog Entries

No, there's nothing like that.

It really sounds like you've got a defective console. Either the power switch or a battery connection is intermittent. We'll get it fixed up for you once you contact me.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

I submitted some information on the contact us link this morning but haven't heard anything. Should I expect an email or something on this site somewhere? Fortunately it has continued to work since that time so I can still use it.

Blog Entries

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, I was traveling yesterday. I'll answer your e-mail shortly.
    -Andy.

No problem, I just wanted to make sure I didn't miss something.

Thread Information