Thread: Neuro Programmer and Mind Stereo

1. Default Neuro Programmer and Mind Stereo

Hi,

I have noticed that the blue light doesn't work with Transparent Corporation programs... Is there a reason?

Thanks.

Default Re: Neuro Programmer and Mind Stereo

MWS and NP3 use Audiostrobe which is a two color system. You can use the Procyon Editor to map which colors are used - red/blue, blue/green, etc.

Cheers,
    Craig

3. Default Re: Neuro Programmer and Mind Stereo

Actually I have just tried to change the colours and it seems to be possible to use three colours, but they don't work the same as in the sessions. All three colours are on and just flicker a bit. Is it what it is supposed to be? I didn't keep my eyes open, but I think it was the same with the two default colours.

You can have 2 colors + 1 color for the 2 Audiostrobe channels, giving the three colors. You need to run the Audiostrobe setup tool in NP3 to get the brightness levels correct so that there is a proper flash on/off. The volume on the PC needs to be high.

Also ensure that the Procyon is set to Audiostrobe and the brightness level is suitable. There are two As modes on the Procyon - analog and digital - digital is more flashy, amalog is more subtle.

Cheers,
    Craig

5. Default Re: Neuro Programmer and Mind Stereo

Thanks, I will change the settings in NP and Mind Stereo.
    I did try my AudioStrobe mp3 files and they were gorgeous with three colours. It was almost a 3D experience. Very powerful.
    They don't work with digital AS though. I guess it has to do with encoding? I tried some Synchromuse files and they work fine, so digital AS works, but just not with those files. I guess if that's the encoding there is nothing I can do automatically (without changing them all with Synchromuse) to make them work with digital AS?
    (I haven't tried with NP yet though).

Blog Entries

I think you may be mixing up your settings. Digital/Analog AudioStrobe is selected while in AS (or AS_) mode by pressing the bottom button. dAS is a mode for Syncromuse, which unfortunately looks like an acronym for digital AudioStrobe.
    I think it would have been better if the LED display showed "SyM" or something other than "dAS", except that the digital AS mode was added after the Procyon was released so it was too late to change the LED display...

Have a look at the manual, pages 13/14 for details on the modes.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

7. Default Re: Neuro Programmer and Mind Stereo

Yes, thanks, you are right. I instinctively thought that dAS was Digital AudioStrobe, but I see that it is Digital Audio Synchrony for Synchromuse. Thanks for clarifying!

Thread Information