Thread: Play contiguous Sessions?

1. Question Play contiguous Sessions?

I thought the Proteus has, in the past, played through different sessions. Ie put in session 1, and when finished Session 2 would start automatically.

Now the machine is stopping after each session, to play the next requires pressing buttons.

Am now confused. Thanks...

Blog Entries

Default Re: Play contiguous Sessions?

I don't think it ever worked the way you describe - starting the next session automatically.

AFAIK, it's always just stopped after the current session is finished.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

3. Default Re: Play contiguous Sessions?

Thanks for the info.
    Yes, I thought I might of got confused about that.

I am trying to create Marisa's Sleep Cycle sessions, and have made the 4 sessions.
    Having to press a button to get to the next session sort of interrupts things. I guess the only solution would be to link it to SynchroMuse audio. It would be so much easier if the Procyon would play on automatically, and wondered if a firmware alteration could allow this behaviour (possibly as an option)?

Blog Entries

Why not just put all 4 sessions into 1 session?
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

5. Default Re: Play contiguous Sessions?

Could do that. It would though, be impossible to say repeat SleepCycle 2 if was having trouble getting to 'Stage 3'. Tho' not even sure it would necessary/beneficial to do that.
    I will have to experiment:-)

Blog Entries

If you press "Pause" while any session is running, it will stay at that frequency until you un-pause it.
    -Andy.

7. Default Re: Play contiguous Sessions?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    If you press "Pause" while any session is running, it will stay at that frequency until you un-pause it.
    So is the Pause button while playing a session only about staying at a certain frequency? I was just wondering because when I press it the display flashes, but it looks like the session is going on like before? I thought it would pause it completely? I understand it is probably not beneficial pausing a session completely, but sometimes something could happen and one might have to pause it for a couple of minutes.

Thanks.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HighVisions View Post
    So is the Pause button while playing a session only about staying at a certain frequency? I was just wondering because when I press it the display flashes, but it looks like the session is going on like before? I thought it would pause it completely? I understand it is probably not beneficial pausing a session completely, but sometimes something could happen and one might have to pause it for a couple of minutes.

Thanks.
    Yes, Pausing a session keeps the session at the spot where it paused, with the audio and Ganzframe lights staying at the same frequency until you un-pause it.
    -Andy.

9. Default Re: Play contiguous Sessions?

Thanks, Andy.
    Is it normal not to notice anything at all when you pause a session (at least for the first few seconds, I haven't tried for longer)? It looked and sounded like it just kept going. Because you say it keeps the session at the spot where it paused, but it just keeps going, although the number of the session (in the display) flashes... Maybe it is just the frequency range that doesn't change? (Some sessions have different frequency ranges.)

Blog Entries

Pause it for a while and you will notice that it isn't changing frequencies.
    -Andy.

Thread Information