Thread: uploading / downloading problems

1. Default uploading / downloading problems

I'm having trouble communicating sessions between procyon and pc. When I attempt to place a session on the procyon I get a message that "the session port is not open...would you like to open it y/n" to which I press "Y". But then I get a message saying "port 4 is not available, please choose another port." How to proceed from here? Also, what is the easiest way to edit pre-existing sessions that came with the procyon? If I "archive" the procyon factory sessions does that mean they come off the device? I just want to edit a session and send it back to the procyon as an additional (new) session. However, I have to understand this port thing before I can do any of that!

Blog Entries

Default Re: uploading / downloading problems

Hello and welcome to the MindPlace Support Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by shimmer View Post
    I'm having trouble communicating sessions between procyon and pc. When I attempt to place a session on the procyon I get a message that "the session port is not open...would you like to open it y/n" to which I press "Y". But then I get a message saying "port 4 is not available, please choose another port." How to proceed from here?
    Have a look at this thread, where another user had the same question. Let me know if that doesn't help.

Also, what is the easiest way to edit pre-existing sessions that came with the procyon? If I "archive" the procyon factory sessions does that mean they come off the device? I just want to edit a session and send it back to the procyon as an additional (new) session. However, I have to understand this port thing before I can do any of that!
    The Archive and Restore function is used to backup (and restore) the sessions you have on your Procyon. The Archive file is a single file which cannot be edited, so that is not the way to edit the sessions that are on the Procyon.
    If you want to edit the factory sessions, first download the Procyon Factory Sessions from here. Once you have them, you can edit each session, upload them one at a time or all at once (using an Album).
    I would recommend having a read through the Procyon Editor Manual available here.
    Let me know if you have any further questions.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

3. Default Re: uploading / downloading problems

Thanks for the reply. However, it does not seem to give me any options for "changing ports"...it just pops up a box saying "port 4 is not available."

4. Default Re: uploading / downloading problems

okay, updating here. I managed to figure out how to open the port, but now when I try to send data to the procyon I get the message "Procyon programming error: aborting upload!." Not sure how to progress from there

Blog Entries

Default Re: uploading / downloading problems

I'm sorry for all the trouble.
    Try closing and opening the port and let me know if that fixes the problem.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Thread Information