Thread: Altered States of Consciousness: How do I know?

Question Altered States of Consciousness: How do I know?

Greetings, all the MindPlace family .

I have just received my first Mind machine (Procyon) and tried couple of sessions. First impressions: some pretty cool patterns appeared on my ganzfeld... I don't have a EEG, so how do I know that this is it, now I'm in theta state, for example?

Can anyone share its own first days with a mind machine? When can I start with shamanic voyages? How it could be done with Procyon?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Altered States of Consciousness: How do I know?

Hi Paat,

Quote Originally Posted by paat View Post
    Greetings, all the MindPlace family .

I have just received my first Mind machine (Procyon) and tried couple of sessions. First impressions: some pretty cool patterns appeared on my ganzfeld... I don't have a EEG, so how do I know that this is it, now I'm in theta state, for example?
    A Theta state is a very relaxed state. It's a trancy feeling that is similar to a daydream. You are in a Theta state when you are just waking up in the morning and just as you are falling asleep. If you meditate, when you are in a deep meditative state, you are likely in a Theta state. It could also be compared to when you are sitting still and just zone out.

Procyon programs: 1 - 8 are Theta based programs.

I hope this helps.

M.

thanks for the feedback Marisa,

state you described me, seems quite familiar to me (I think I have been there ).

Yesterday before sleep during procryon session I cought myself seeing unfamiliar characters in unfamiliar places as soon I realized that, I messed it all up trying to acquire the details. I turned my attention to the face of a young man: it was all smudged, after that all the scene disappeared and there I was again only me and the ganzfeld color-play again. Also I have heard voices: whole sequence of sentences, the voices were clear, but unfamiliar but I couldn't make out any word of it...

I don't know, maybe it is out of the topic of this forum but maybe somebody could refer to some techniques witch could help to clarify these vague and subtle experiences?

Blog Entries

Hi Paat,

Yesterday before sleep during procryon session I caught myself seeing unfamiliar characters in unfamiliar places as soon I realized that, I messed it all up trying to acquire the details. I turned my attention to the face of a young man: it was all smudged, after that all the scene disappeared and there I was again only me and the ganzfeld color-play again. Also I have heard voices: whole sequence of sentences, the voices were clear, but unfamiliar but I couldn't make out any word of it...

I don't know, maybe it is out of the topic of this forum but maybe somebody could refer to some techniques witch could help to clarify these vague and subtle experiences?
    It's very common for memories to surface when in a Theta state. These can be memories that were buried very deep. In other words they are unfamiliar to you. The unfamiliar places could be somewhere that your parents took you when you were an infant. Also, Theta is a highly suggestive state and your imagination could create scenes and visions from bits and pieces of memories in your unconscious.

Hypnosis is a good technique that would help you clarify the experiences. However, you would have to be careful what kind of hypnotist you go see because the way they word something when you are in a trance state could create a false memory.

If you want to explore this further yourself, you could get back into the Theta state and just let the visions come and avoid analyzing them until the session is over.

If you are practiced in Lucid Dreaming, you may be able to recreate the scene from your vision by giving yourself the command to go there. Or, when you were in the vision, you could give yourself the command to remember the details upon waking.

With some practice you could gain control over some of the visions and imagine there to be a pause button or zoom button where you can freeze the frame or zoom in on it. You would see the vision on like a TV screen.

Maybe what you could try doing in a session is when you get really relaxed, and you are seeing the colors swirling around, imagine a frame around them - it would be like you are putting the swirling colors onto a TV set. Then imagine some controls such as brightness, color changing device. If you play with this technique, you may get some good results and it will also train you to have more control over the images you see.

Hope this helps.

M.

Thread Information