Thread: Questions about proteus

1. Default Questions about proteus

1. I do not use the glasses. Are the binurla beats as effective as any other binural beats then?

2. I turned my proteus on and It would not play any session. Every time i pressed the play buttom nothin would happen and numbers on the screen would rapidly desend then stop or a decimal point would alternate between numbers on the screen. How do i fix this?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Questions about proteus

Hello and Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by mindflood View Post
    1. I do not use the glasses. Are the binurla beats as effective as any other binural beats then?
    That depends - What are you comparing them to? The Entrainment functions of the Proteus work best when using the Ganzframes, but many do use the system without the Ganzframes when they are studying, reading, etc. They report that using it this way works well for them.

2. I turned my proteus on and It would not play any session. Every time i pressed the play buttom nothin would happen and numbers on the screen would rapidly desend then stop or a decimal point would alternate between numbers on the screen. How do i fix this?
    Are you setting the Proteus to Pxx (where xx is some number) before starting the session? The numbers on the screen can show various bits of information. Have a look at the manual starting around page 7 for details. What it sounds like is that you have pressed the Play/Stop button twice, first time starting the session, and then and are stopping the running session. The countdown display you are seeing sounds like the display that is shown as the session fades out after you press stop.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

3. Default Re: Questions about proteus

Actually i realized what the descending numbers mean. The problem was the head phones wouldnt play the session when they were plugged in to the headphone jack but they worked when i plugged them into the AUX jack which is wierd because they normally worked fine, the problem is when they were in the AUX i could not adjust the volume.

Eventually after playing around with it and turning it on and off multiple times i got the sessions to work with the headphone port again. EXcept now the wavering that comes from the binural beats is a lot higher or treble, which I dont want. I must of unintentionally changed the settings when i was trying to get it to work. Does this sound right?

Now my proteus wont turn on, I put new batteries into it to. Il wait and try again later.
    Last edited by mindflood; 12-30-2012 at 07:51 AM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Questions about proteus

This all sounds a bit weird.

Please try the Proteus using the AC adapter to see if you have the same problems. If it works properly that way, then you probably have a battery issue.

Let me know what you find. It may turn out that you have a defective unit. If so, you can send me an e-mail (click the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page) and we'll get it sorted out for you.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Thread Information