Thread: Synchromuse creator software is up

1. Default Synchromuse creator software is up

Those interested in creating their own Synchromuse CD's look in the Support section files for a new download with software and tutorial files.

In a nutshell, the Synchromuse system encodes a high frequency `header' peice of Audio which you pre-generate and is included with your CD track when you re-burn it as a Synchromuse encoded CD.

What the header does essentially is place 'flags' in the memory of the Procyon, so that it plays the correct pre-programmed session segment at the right place along with the CD audio. The initial programming of the synchromuse system is done by a spreadsheet system, which information is then converted into the SM audio header.

So essentially the Synchromuse `header' audio is not controlling the LED's directly but synchronising segments in a session to play in synch with the Audio.

This has its pros and cons..the Audiostrobe system relies on embedded audio information to directly Left / Right light channels in real time., but of course you can only control two colors. The S/Muse system will allow much more complex pre programming of segments to use 3 colors along with music, but creating a complex light show to go with a long music piece will be very time consuming using a text editor and audio software to manually enter all the change points, and having to manually create all the parts, in the Procyon session editor. Hoefully in the future some more intuitive software will make things easier.

I sincerely hope that the original Audiostrobe compatability can be maintained in the Procyon, as Audiostrobe still seems to have some solid advantages for some kinds of embedded light shows ( particularly real time generated ones like using MindExplorer Color Organ to generate Audiostrobe encoding.

Hope this clarifies the synchromuse system ( as I understand it from a brief look) a little .

Default Re: Synchromuse creator software is up

Thanks for the fast review and response-you beat me to it! ;-)

Actually, creating a SynchroMuse session is not much harder than creating an AudioStrobe one--both require that the audio portion be "marked" with the changes in light frequency and intensity. SM is a bit more complex due to more per-segment options, but the 25 segment tutorial took me about two hours to create altogether, including making the spreadsheet.

If some enterprising programmer would like to create software which can automatically scan an audio file and create interesting segments, please contact me!

There is also the possibility of using a Mac or PC to control the lights in real time, via some audio processing/color organ technique.

We'll maintain compatibility with AS in the Procyon--actually, we're alpha testing the ability for you to assign which color(s) the left and right AS signals should drive, so you wil soon have a more colorful experience in that regard as well.

-Robert

3. Default Re: Synchromuse creator software is up

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Austin View Post
    If some enterprising programmer would like to create software which can automatically scan an audio file and create interesting segments, please contact me!
    There is also the possibility of using a Mac or PC to control the lights in real time, via some audio processing/color organ technique.
    I'm sure that AVS software developers will be looking at the Procyon very closely to see how Audiostrobe technology can utilise 3 color light shows.

MindExlporer software is a very easy way to orchestrate an Audiostrobe light show to an existing soundtrack with some real time control during the encoding: hopefully it can evolve to work with 3 colors. I guess the current limitations will be with th eoriginal Audiostrobe spec which was only designed to work with two colors.

I can't seem to find a section called "support."

I purchased a procyon but from a reseller not mindplace. I'm not sure if I need to be registered somewhere to see the support section?

Or maybe the section is not in this forum but somewhere else?

I have the NP2 and I would really like to design programs in that and then use the Procyon's photic aspects. I'm not sure exactly what approach I should be taking to best interface those two things together and would really appreciate advice.

Best,
    PJ (RC)

Blog Entries

Hi PJ;

They meant the support site. http://www.mindplacesupport.com

The stuff they are speaking about exists on the Procyon page:
    http://www.mindplacesupport.com/Procyon.htm

-Andy.

Thread Information